× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 as internet gateway

Dominique73
Aspirant

MR1100 as internet gateway

Hello,

Can I use the MR1100 as my principal internet access by connecting its ethernet port to the WLAN port of my wi-fi router which manage already all my network ?

Thank you

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

my MR1100 used as LTE modem, set with IP Passthrough, which connected to my main WiFi router (Nighthawk R7800 or R9000) WAN port via its Ethernet port. If you are going to make it as 24/7 usage, suggest to remove the battery from MR1100, plug with Type-C power source from adaptor that supports Quick Charge. Also you can consider to have external antenna added for MR1100 if LTE reception signal needs to improve.

Message 2 of 7
Dominique73
Aspirant

Thank you. Do you mean that the original power supply is not sufficient for a continuous use w/o the battery ? Will a Quick Charge 3.0 be OK ? It seems to be the new standard and 2.0 have disappeared from the usual resellers ...

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 3 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

original one can be used as long as you have the battery installed but if you are going to have MR1100 used for a long period, such as 24/7, then you'd better to remove the battery (heat dissipation and battery life concern) and have it powered with QC3.0 power source, yes, QC3.0 is just fine.

William

Message 4 of 7
Dominique73
Aspirant

Many thanks William for your advices. Just ordered it on Amazon ... I think it will be much better that my very weak ADSL connection (I live in a small village in the French Alps with poor old copper wiring but a brand new 4G repeater nearby).

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 5 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

if you are having signal reception problem for your MR1100, check on this MIMO antenna, https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-6000450-MIMO-Antenna-Connectors/dp/B00DN3J03O?crid=25BYAVYBTE8Q0&keyw..., myself and one of my friends all stay with this antenna, compared to the other products, this one works very well for us. FYI

Message 6 of 7
Dominique73
Aspirant

I've seen that antenna on Amazon. The 4G repeater is in direct view of my house, at 2,5 mi. w/o obstacle. If it doesn't work well enough, I will definitively consider it preferably to any other that don't always seem reliable, according to Amazon reviews. Thank you very much for your advices which are helpful.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7