× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 battery bypass solutions??

Ratfink5Window
Aspirant

MR1100 battery bypass solutions??

AT&T suggested I buy this device to work remotely from home in a very rural area. Works great for Teams meetings and Zoom meetings. However, I want to leave this on and stop dealing with the battery getting hot, the battery depleting and on and on and on. I’ve read that it can run without the battery, but no luck here. I am running firmware 12.05.05.14. Is there a real solution that works for this? What charger, what settings? Help please
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
djt2020
Guide

Re: MR1100 battery bypass solutions??

I have two MR1100s and both operate without batteries. This is the common solution to the overheating issue. Have to tried a higher power quick charge power adapter? That is also reccomended when taking the battery out. Perhaps yours is too weak to run it without the battery. 

Message 2 of 4
Ratfink5Window
Aspirant

With battery removed and using factory wall charger there is no way the MR1100 will run without a battery. I do have several quick chargers for various electronic devices. One will power the MR1100 without the batter but the charge level LED is low, and speed is too slow for downloads of even basic website data. So, does anyone know the specs of a quick charger that will easily and permanently power the MR1100 Nighthawk M1 without a battery? Can anyone point me to a high quality quick charger?
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 4
djt2020
Guide

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements