× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 firmware upgrade

frankie2016
Follower

MR1100 firmware upgrade

Trying to upgrade firmware from NTG9X50C_12.06.02.00 but unable to find .spk file  (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR1100/MR1100NAS_V12.06.11.00_00.zip) - will only give my a zip file to download. When I check for updates in settings, I am told insufficent data to download (I have 45 gb) and no longer get the option to check for updates. I tried uploading the .zip version - told me had to have the .spk version.  Is it possible to update. Sorry to say that if I get ansers telling me to go hither and thither and download this and then that, I will just have to throw my hands in the air and forget it! Ta.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 firmware upgrade

Hi @frankie2016

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly unzip or uncompressed the Zip file for you to have the .spk file / firmware. Once done, access MR1100 settings page again for you to upload the .spk file / firmware. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 firmware upgrade

Hi @frankie2016

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly unzip or uncompressed the Zip file for you to have the .spk file / firmware. Once done, access MR1100 settings page again for you to upload the .spk file / firmware. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7