× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 for the mobile travel... just dont leave your country!?

P0u1us
Follower

MR1100 for the mobile travel... just dont leave your country!?

As a new owner of the MR1100 I believed in vain that the "Mobile router(MiFi)" was meant for people who are travelling and require mobile data access!?

What I now discovered is that Netgear is primarly tailored for country specific Telco companies, delivering directly for national use of their propietary networks and helping them further by delivering region locked devices to consumers directly.

When buying an EU version, be asured that you can not use it anywhere in NorthAmerica's, and visaversa

When buying an MiddelEast version, be assured that you can not use it anywhere in the EU nor NA's

When buying an AustralAsian version, be assured that you can not use it anywhere outside AustralAsia

etc, etc, etc... and still... Netgear defines it as an "mobile" device, just not for the true traveller!

Stop calling it "mobile" when you lock it beyond purposefull usage ability!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
intofx
Guide

Re: MR1100 for the mobile travel... just dont leave your country!?

Well thats just not true. I’ve taken my unlocked US version to Asia and South America and it worked perfectly.
You have to do some homework to see which local carriers are most compatible with the bands on your device then when getting the local sim correctly setup the APN needed.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7