× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 help

noname1233
Follower

MR1100 help

I just got a new MR1100, and I'm having some trouble with it. 

First real problem is that it won't play video files from the sd card. The file is a webm and it plays the first 3 seconds and then "buffers" not playing any more video.

Next, I noticed all connections to the router itself are not using secure standards web portal is HTTP not HTTPS, and the webDAV is using DAV not DAVS, is there any way to enable secure communications?
My next problem is I can't figure out any options to make the router itself a VPN client to route all my traffic through a VPN. I can see an option to enable VPN passthrough, but I want the router itself to be the vpn client. 
Lastly, I'm curious if it's possible to enable VLANs on the single ethernet port to allow for a wired "data offloading" wan connection AND a LAN connection for wired clients. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 help

Hi @noname1233

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

May I request for the following information: 

- Play videos from the SD card, does the issue present with this specific file type? What about videos on a different file type? 

- Who is you ISP?

- How is the router setup?

- What is the firmware version? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 help

Hi noname1233,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7