× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 latest firmware breaks CA and multi-band connections

HamburglarHelpr
Initiate

MR1100 latest firmware breaks CA and multi-band connections

Firmware update NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00 for the Nighthawk M1 has broken Carrier Aggregation and multi-band connections altogether for me. My connection is severely crippled, and viewing the status through AT! commands in console will only show a single connection under PCC. Normally, the command will show you at least 2 separate PCCs.

Bands such as B66 do not work at all, if I try to isolate that band as my only connection, the router tells me I have no broadband connection (although band 4 will connect if I isolate that), and the AT!GSTATUS? command in console will turn up nothing under PCC. Wasn't this firmware supposed to address stability issues with CA? Seems like it's giving me more problems.

I've done a factory reset on my M1 (twice just to be sure), which wiped the custom band inputs, that I redid in console, and then power cycled the M1 a few times and still nothing. No CA, no multiple-band connections. All of this in addition to the now-compulsory battery installation. Is there any fix coming for this awful firmware? People are mentioning 12.06.08 on the forums but it's not available in the web interface on my M1 and it's certainly not available to download from the Netgar website. I'd like to do a firmware downgrade/rollback if at all possible.

Any insights will be greatly apprecitated, thanks in advance.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
HamburglarHelpr
Initiate

Re: MR1100 latest firmware breaks CA and multi-band connections

Okay, so I've gotten the update to 12.06.08 to work, but I haven't tested anything out yet.

If you've updtated to 12.06.07 through your web interface on your M1, you should clear your cache/cookies and such on your browser, and maybe close your browser and open a new instance of it before going back into your router's web interface.

Still strange that it seems the M1 was going through updates sequentially rather than just checking for the latest update and applying that...

Message 2 of 3
Sebastiii
Star

Re: MR1100 latest firmware breaks CA and multi-band connections

Hello,

Not fully related but I have open a thread here : 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/LTE-CA-aggregation-issues-after-a-wh...

I have noticed that CA aggregation failed after a while and I don't know why 😞

Only way to have it back is to manually change the "Band Region" to something else set to "Auto" and back to "LTE All".

This is not correct and this is a bug.

Thanks.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7