× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 on T-Mobile

dec1000
Star

MR1100 on T-Mobile

I had service on a ATT tablet plan and had good speeds. With ATT discontinuing the plans I have now got a plan with T-Mobile. I have good signal but the speeds are terrible compared to what I got with ATT. The unit is unlocked. Can anybody give me the optimum settings to operate on the T-Mobile network. I have tried changing the APN to T-Mobile  fast.t-mobile.com and every time i do this it always says mobile broadband disconnected.

Message 1 of 44
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

As we know T-Mobile changed their plan for M1. If you are using a plan for Tablet or phone, it will not work on M1. You have to use the plan for Mobile Hotspot.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 44
dec1000
Star

It is a plan that OTR Mobile is selling that is unlimited internet. It is working with the APN set to Broadband, but the speeds are low. I have a good to excellent on LTE Band 12 and should be getting better speeds. I had a plan with the on ATT that was averaging from 70-100 and they discontinued the plan so now I have to go with T-Mobile and am getting speeds from 5-10. Big difference. It is a new plan to them so they are not much help.

Message 3 of 44
danman9
Tutor

What is the apn settings for broadband?
Message 4 of 44
dec1000
Star

APN Name: T-Mobile

APN:  broadband

PDP: IPV4V6

PDP Roaming: None

Authentication:  None

Message 5 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

Did u have to wait for a Unlock code? i put the Sim in and still have no internet. I have chaned the APN Settings and nothing. and OTR is so freaking slow. I can't even get internet on the ATT side anymore

Message 6 of 44
dec1000
Star

I got mine from ATT. I called and the first person didn't have a clue what I wanted to do so I hung up and called right back and got another person that was hung up on the fact that I didn't have an ATT account. I hung up and called back again and the third person was the charm. He knew exactly what I wanted and said it would take 48 and I would get an email with instructions. I got the email a day later and put the TMobile card in and unlocked it. If you know somebody that has an ATT account they could probably get it for you easier. The next isuue is going to be that you are going to need a static ip from OTR for the nighthawk. OTR will tell you it will take 48 hours for that and they will email you. The next day I was messing with the MR1100 and reset it and found I had signal. The static ip had been assigned the next day but it was 3 days before OTR said it was ready. When I got the email from OTR I already had internet. 

If I couldn't get it from ATT I was going to use a program called DC Blocker to unlock it. You buy credits which I think it less than $15 and do it yourself.

If you are unlocked and if it has been more than a day since you requested an static ip, I would remove the sim and do a factory reset on the MR1100 then put the sim back in and reboot and hook it up to your computer with ethernet cord, and go on a browser and put in 192.168.1.1 and change your router password if you want and set a password for your wifi. My APN when I installed the sim went to broadband for the APN. Everything was connected and I had internet. OTR tells you to use fast.t-mobile for the APN but that will not work on mine. b2b.static will work also. To change the apn sign into router and go to advanced settings, cellular, then you can edit it or add what you want. Hopefully this will help you out

Message 7 of 44
dec1000
Star

APN: broadband

PDP: IPV4V6

APN: B2B.STATIC

PDP:IPV4

Message 8 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

Thanks.. I did download and buy the credits for DC unlocker. But my network unlock is grayed out ;( 

Message 9 of 44
dec1000
Star

I have heard the new version will not work. You need to download the older version"1428

Message 10 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

att just sent me the unlock code.. But i see no where to input it.. If i go to Sim Security it tells me invaild pin 

Message 11 of 44
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please send me the model.json log when you have T-Mobile SIM inserted.

Then I can help you to find out the root cause of your issue.

Thanks

Message 12 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

Here you go

Message 13 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

Also maybe already unlocked? this came from DC Unlocker

Detecting modem :

selection :

manufacturer - SierraWireless/NETGEAR
model - NETGEAR MR1100

Interface : 192.168.1.1
Found modem : MR1100
Model : NETGEAR MR1100
IMEI : XXXXXX
Serial NR. : 5DM183N10231F
Firmware : NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14
SIM Lock status : unlocked

Message 14 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

also attached is a screenshot of the main page.. I wonder if these two cards they sent are not active. THey dont' show a phone number 

Message 15 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

I'm getting the same issue - no network. I used DC Unlocker to unlock the sim. Changed APN setting to the suggested above..Still no connectivity. I am wondering as well if OTR hasn't activated the SIM.  We have got to find a way to start a company and do this on our own. They told me yesterday they were waiting on 5,000 unlock codes from AT&T and they will not send them any more. Customer Service sux. 

Message 16 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

Cards are active. But until they get the static IP assigned to your Sim card it won't come up.. WHen your on the chat don't take no for a answer.. Ask for a Manager. i refused to accept the 24-72 hr wait.. And i was up that day after talking with them.. They can make things happen within 24 hr.. even in little was 30 min if u push them and ask for a manager. If your device doesn't ask for a unlock code when you install the new sim than it's unlocked. They kept telling me oh i need a unlock before they do anything I had to keep telling them no it's already unlocked.. 

Message 17 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

I used DC Unlocker and unlocked the sim. I received a confirmation on that that said it was unlocked. I was not prompted for an unlock code and OTR told me yesterday they were not providing that free unlock service any more. I paid $11 to get this device unlocked... so hopefully its done. The SIM card is being read in the settings profile, but no mobile number. I'm waiting in the chat queue now. This is absolutely crazy from a customer service persepectve. I don't mind waiting the time, but I don't think they'll get back to me. 

Message 18 of 44
jmatson
Aspirant

they don't display a phone number.. Im up and running and mine has no number also.. The best bet is to email Bri or Courtney.. I won't give you there email but it's something @otrmobile.com im sure u can guess it very fast and easy 🙂 

Message 19 of 44
dec1000
Star

I have my OTC connected. Just a couple of things, I was not able to connect till they assigned me an Static IP. I have been told so many things about the APN setting. The last thing I was told was to set the APN on B2B.static with the PDP of IPV4 and roaming APN to IPV4. I was told to make sure it is put in exactly as I have above. I always reboot after changing anything. My speeds have been slow and they have been trying to help me with different settings. A few times late at night, I have seen better speeds when there is less congestion on there. I think there is something T-Mobile is doing to slow it down since it is a hotspot. I got one of the Test Drives that T-Mobile offers free for 30 days and it came with a Coolpad Surf which is a cheap device and the speeds on it were better than on OTC so I know signal isn't a problem.

While trying to get this straight, I have signed up with another provider, for ATT like we had, and as long as I stay around 500GB I think I will be ok. If I got way over that, they will probably cut me off even though it is supposed to be unlimited.

I als have another device MIFI8000 from another provider that is with Sprint. I get pretty good speed with that. This one is also unlimited.

I have a tower that was just built within sight of my house, but nobody has installed anything yet. I will probably keep them all till I see what works best for me.

Message 20 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

Did you have to download any firmware to make it T-Mobile or just use the AT&T settings for T-Mobile. I'd love to know how you're getting sprint & or AT&T and what other company that you're using. I'll remove my service with OTR all together if I can find a competitor of them

Message 21 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

Also, do you have your Network Mode as Auto or Manual?

Message 22 of 44
dec1000
Star

I didn't have to download any other firmware. OTR said they would email me when the static ip was assigned. The next day after I requested it, I was just messing with the nighthawk and the static ip apparently was assigned because I was able to connect. I got the email 3 days later so after you request I would try to connect the next day. The network needs to be set on auto. I sent you a PM.

Message 23 of 44
Ckay
Aspirant

I just got the MR1100, purchased unlocked on amazon. I’ve ran dc-unlocker just to verify unlock status and it seemes to be unlocked.

I have a t-mobile sim, I’ve tried changing settings from fast.t-mobile.com to B2B.static and broadband (see attached screenshot)

I can’t seem to get the sim to get a connection. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? Does t-mobile have to give me a static IP?

My firmware is: NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00
Message 24 of 44
danman9
Tutor

What kind of plan is it? A hotspot plan or a tablet plan? T-mobile has blocked/blacklisted the IMEI of the mr1100 so that it will not work with the tablet plan. A hotspot plan should work fine though....
Message 25 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7