× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 on T-Mobile

dec1000
Star

I assume it is a plan from OTR. You have tried all the APN's. Just make sure you reboot after changing them. Mine worked on Broadband and also on B2b.static. I had to get a static ip from OTR. I tried every setting in the book but still was only getting a little better than dial up. I gave up and found another company that offered ATT.

Message 26 of 44
danman9
Tutor

What company is still offering at&t?
Message 27 of 44
dec1000
Star

I went with Never Throttled. https://neverthrottled.com/

$85 a month. I got a Prepaid ATT Sim card from Target and signed up and gave them my sim number and was activated within 24 hours. There are other companies out there to Nomad Internet is another. $99 a month for them. Nomad has to send you a sim.

Message 28 of 44
cyndricks
Aspirant

I have added the new SIM card from OTR to my Netgear and the light is still flashing...any help would be great
Message 29 of 44
dec1000
Star

Did they assign you a static ip and did you set your APN

Message 30 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

Yes, it takes ~24 hours for you to get your email (mine went to junk),  but it's very easy to set your APN and it connects right up!

Message 31 of 44
cyndricks
Aspirant

No nobody has helped me with any of it:( its frustrating. The card is in and i have some wifi but the netgear box is flashing green

Message 32 of 44
cyndricks
Aspirant

what is a static guide? or APN?

Message 33 of 44
mcanderson24
Aspirant

You'll have to get OTR to get your a static IP address. They'll send you setup instructions when they reserve your IP address.

Message 34 of 44
cyndricks
Aspirant

I was on with the guy for over an hour and he never once mentioned this being my issue? IDK if they even know what I'm talking about. This has been the most frustrating day and I just need to work from home. UUGGHH

Message 35 of 44
dec1000
Star

First thing you need to do is do a factory reset on the Nighthawk. Remove the back cover over the battery and get a paper clip and push the rest button holding it till you see it resetting. This will put it back to factory settings. After it boots back up connect to it on your computer. Then in a browser type 192.168.1.1   This should bring up the router page. Change your password and add passwords for your wireless. The reset will make the APN be set on Broadband. This will work if your card is activated and you should have internet. If not they are going to have to assign you a static ip.

If you had ATT before the switch over, there are other companies that you can get this service through. I have NeverThrottled which is $85 per month. To get service with them you can either order a sim card from them or what I did was went to Target and got an ATT tablet sim card and set the account up and was connected in less than 24 hours. You can also get the sim card from Bestbuy to

Another company is Puckwifi.com they have ATT for $65 a month.

Message 36 of 44
FatStanley
Aspirant

I also went with Neverthrottled. Their default settings works great with the Nighthawk MR1100, so it's an easy setup.

Only took them a couple of hours for them to get me connected. Speeds are better than they were with OTR too!

Message 37 of 44
shooshoo
Aspirant

I was using Blue Magic ISP with the netgear nighthawk mr1100. they suddenly dissapeared and although I continued to have service for a few weeks, that is now gone. Can I buy a prepaid t-mobile call/text/data card from amazon and use that? I'm guessing no or that would have been mentioned but just wanted to check. 

Message 38 of 44
FatStanley
Aspirant

The cards you get at retail stores are limited. Can't get more than a couple of days of good use out of them.

Neverthrottled is unlimited. I stream all month long and use about 1TB, no issues.

Message 39 of 44
Zach03
Aspirant

I have otr with Tmobile. Lost service Friday was told Tmobile issued new blacklist imei. Went through all the steps with otr to no avail. They said its nation wide and they are trying to resolve it.
Message 40 of 44
dec1000
Star

Why do you keep putting up with them? There are plenty of other companies you can get service from. ATT cut them off so they went to TMobile. Now they are having issues with TMobile so they are trying to get people on some new deal with ATT. There is no reason to believe it is going to get better,

Message 41 of 44
Jim1348
Aspirant

MR1100 On T-Mobile

Here is my experience today.

-I bought a line of T-Mobile service today.

-When I use the T-Mobile SIM card in a Sonim XP8 I get fast speeds. For example, 141 Mbps down and 38.3 Mbps up.

-When I use the T-Mobile SIM card in an unlocked Netgear Nighthawk MR1100, my speeds are much slower. For example, 8 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up.  

-I suspect that my settings are wrong. What should I change?

-Current APN Settings:

APN Name:  T-Mobile

APN:  broadband

PDP:  IPV4V6

Authentication:  None

Message 42 of 44
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR1100 On T-Mobile

Please try the following T-Mobile APN:

• Name: T-Mobile US LTE
  • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 43 of 44
Voidlb30
Aspirant

Hello I don't know much about this stuff but I looked at mine I have same router and I used to have AT&T on it. When it got canceled I took my sons hotspot (Franklin) from T-Mobile took SIM card out and inserted it into my unlocked MR1100 and it worked. But my APN says AT&T but the service is coming from T-Mobile. I'll upload pics. Maybe that would help you. And my downloads are between 30 and 100 mbps depending on time of day. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7