× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 powered only by 12VDC

ianobrien43
Follower

MR1100 powered only by 12VDC

I have an ATT MR1100 mobile LTE router. I need to be able to power the unit without the battery via the USBC cable connected to a 12VDC USB port in my houseboat. My USB 12VDC port says it's rated for 2.1A (but I kinda doubt the cheapo Amazon port). When I plug the unit in it cycles power over and over. I have to keep the battery installed for it to stay on all the time. I have read though that this is bad for the battery. I have tested the unit in my office with the battery removed and it stays on all the time with no power cycleing. So I'm convinced it is the USB supply or USB port on my boat. I'm more convinced it's the USB port.

Can someone give me some advice on what components to use in a 12VDC RV/houseboat application to keep it powered constantly without the battery?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: MR1100 powered only by 12VDC

You probably can't take that 12VDC onto M1 USB-C port, need another charger supporting QC, 2.0/3.0, and you can then have a change cable plugged inot M1's USB-C port, make sure you buy a good quality of the charge cable (USB to Type-C, or Type-C to Type-C, depends on your charger) as M1's power design is very sensitive, improper cable would cause stability problem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7