× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 router - "Disabled WiFi" message

ajs777
Aspirant

MR1100 router - "Disabled WiFi" message

I inadvertantly turned off my wifi connection through the mobil app.  I can no longer access the app to login because it doesn't see the wifi network.  Using 192.168.1.1 or  http://m1login.net to access the webpage doesn't work either, both Sarfi and Groogle Chrome time out or don't recognize the ip address.

Any recommendations on how to access the app or restore my network would be deeply appreciated.  

Thank you,

AJ

thumbnail_image.jpeg

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: MR1100 router - "Disabled WiFi" message

@ajs777 wrote:

I tried USB teathering but it didn't connect. The Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network that it's looking for is no longer in my list of network connections.  It disappeared when I disabled it.  I'm using my iPhones's hot spot to connent to the internet but that doesn't allow me to connect to the app or web page I need to reconnect the router.---you're right it wont. The iphone is giving you access to the internet, not to the hotspot.   I can't figure out how to recover the M1's network, I don't see it listed anywhere.---it won't be. you disabled wifi. You need to connect to it over ethernet or over usb to connect to it.   Any other thoughts?  I appreciate you trying to help me with this...I'm stumped! Thank you.

Make sure whatever device you're connecting to the hotspot, isn't on the "iphones wireless" you setup. just disabled the phone/tablet/pc that you setup to connect to usb of ethernet so it doesn't default back. but you need to access the hotspot over usb or ethernet to access it. 

or just factory reset the MR1100. there's a hardwired factory reset button under the battery cover. push and hold it for 10 seconds

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1318037/Netgear/NetgearMR1100

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried connecting a pc to the ethernet port and accessing its settings page that route? 

1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://192.168.1.1.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
4. Select SETTINGS > Setup > Wireless.

Message 2 of 7
ajs777
Aspirant

Plemans, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately (in this case), I'm using a Macbook Pro...no Ethernet port.  I'm confused as to why I can't acess the pages using the hot spot on my phone.  

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Because the address's you're using to access the MR1100 are internal to your network. You have to be connected to the MR1100 to change its settings. And you disabled the wifi on it. 

It also has the option of connecting to it via usb. 

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1318034/Netgear/NetgearMR1100/

Message 4 of 7
ajs777
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll give that a shot

Message 5 of 7
ajs777
Aspirant

I tried USB teathering but it didn't connect. The Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network that it's looking for is no longer in my list of network connections.  It disappeared when I disabled it.  I'm using my iPhones's hot spot to connent to the internet but that doesn't allow me to connect to the app or web page I need to reconnect the router.  I can't figure out how to recover the M1's network, I don't see it listed anywhere.  Any other thoughts?  I appreciate you trying to help me with this...I'm stumped! Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@ajs777 wrote:

I tried USB teathering but it didn't connect. The Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network that it's looking for is no longer in my list of network connections.  It disappeared when I disabled it.  I'm using my iPhones's hot spot to connent to the internet but that doesn't allow me to connect to the app or web page I need to reconnect the router.---you're right it wont. The iphone is giving you access to the internet, not to the hotspot.   I can't figure out how to recover the M1's network, I don't see it listed anywhere.---it won't be. you disabled wifi. You need to connect to it over ethernet or over usb to connect to it.   Any other thoughts?  I appreciate you trying to help me with this...I'm stumped! Thank you.

Make sure whatever device you're connecting to the hotspot, isn't on the "iphones wireless" you setup. just disabled the phone/tablet/pc that you setup to connect to usb of ethernet so it doesn't default back. but you need to access the hotspot over usb or ethernet to access it. 

or just factory reset the MR1100. there's a hardwired factory reset button under the battery cover. push and hold it for 10 seconds

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1318037/Netgear/NetgearMR1100

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7