× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 with LAN

WLF1
Follower

MR1100 with LAN

We presently have a wired LAN, with about 40 ports, that connect to an ATT DSL modem through two 24 port ethernet switches.  We want to switch trom DSL to ATT wireless internet, and ATT sent us a MR1100 mobile hot spot router to connect to their system.  The wireless coverage of the MR1100 in the house is not good, and we are considering adding an ORBI router and satellites to extend the coverage in our house, which is about 3,500 sqft.  I need to maintain our LAN connection for several non-wireless computers, and be able to connect the MR1100 internet service to these devices.  Can I use an ethernet connection from the MR1100 to an ORBI router to give internet service to the LAN devices? How do I jmake this connection?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: MR1100 with LAN

Unless ATT does prohibit it (Note: Features and controls can be different on carrier devices than on the retail versions), the M1/MR1100 (as well as the M2/MR2100, M5/MR5200, ...) can operated as plain "modems" when setting to IP Passthrough mode, with the router behind set as DHCP for its WAN port - for example of an Orbi router.

Needless to say, these battery operated hotspot wireless are intended to provide wireless on a short range, in a camper, a hotel room, to the laptop from the same table, ... not to cover a hole house.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: MR1100 with LAN

Unless ATT does prohibit it (Note: Features and controls can be different on carrier devices than on the retail versions), the M1/MR1100 (as well as the M2/MR2100, M5/MR5200, ...) can operated as plain "modems" when setting to IP Passthrough mode, with the router behind set as DHCP for its WAN port - for example of an Orbi router.

Needless to say, these battery operated hotspot wireless are intended to provide wireless on a short range, in a camper, a hotel room, to the laptop from the same table, ... not to cover a hole house.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7