× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR2100 Nighthawk M2 EU live testing

TeeJay74
Virtuoso

MR2100 Nighthawk M2 EU live testing

Hi,

Just started yesterday Nighthawk M2 EU live testing and evaluation. I really like the download SDX24 can do. So far best I have seen little bit over 700Mbps 4CA.  Two generations newer LTE modem really shows more torque compared to M1.

Message 1 of 27
nhantenna
Apprentice

nice!  thanks for sharing.

Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/mr2100.aspx#docs

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/mobile/M2_telstra.pdf

the best part for me is the ts9 external antenna connectors!!!!!!!!

when is the united states version coming?  price USD?

Message 2 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I have also liked the way how M2/SDX24 performs at cell edge. Cell edge areas have more interference and SDX24 can maintain pretty high speeds there too.

Message 3 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

@TeeJay74 Can you tell us if M2 supports dynamic DNS? Is there an option in the web interface to bind external IP the router gets from carrier to a DNS hostname you own, like hostnames from no-ip.com or dynu.com ??

Message 4 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

Does it have dynamic DNS support? Can you bind carrier provided IP to privately owned DNS hostname, like teejay74.no-ip.biz?

Message 5 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I do not know that, all I know M2 DNS settings look same like M1, actually whole webgui is the same.
Message 6 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

That's very disappointing to hear....all major router brands, like Asus, Linksys, D-Link, etc. have had dynamic DNS support as a standard feature for yeas now. They understand most people dont get static IPs from their ISPs. People need to be able to connect to their home computers remotely, and dynamic DNS is the only way. 

After M1 was released, there were many complaints from users about lack of dynamic DNS support - very surprising and disappinting that apparently, Netgear wasn't listening. 

Message 7 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Hi,

Just evaluated M2 EU ethernet port throughput with LTE 4CC system. PC network card captures peak DL throughput values that represent 4CC system maximum level of performance.

This is looking very good.

Message 8 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

@TeeJay74 what FDD-LTE bands your EU version of M2 has enabled?

Message 9 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I am sorry, I cannot comment that content at the moment.

Message 10 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

@TeeJay74 Are you a Netgear employee/agent, hired to misuse the forums by opening threads, where you only post advertisements, and hype-up the product, without answering any actual questions or helping other users in any way? All these "maximum level of performance" and "looking very good" comments, without answering any actual questions or providing any specifics make me think this thread of yours is just another marketing channel of Netgear.  

Message 11 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

@Apollon 

That cynical attitude of yours, I do not go with it, it's your own problem. When I get some good or bad live testing results or user experiences I have a right to tell about them. Not every information is public.

If I have some technical issues I may talk less and do more to fix them. At least I am not wasting my time by crying about everything around discussion forums. Some people do get results and some others they do something else. 

Message 12 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

@TeeJay74 A lot of words, but no actual answer to the straightforward question. Are you a Netgear employee/agent? How come you have "not public" information, specific to unreleased Netgear product?

Message 13 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Little bit weird personal questions you have in this live testing thread. I could answer something to them, but those questions are entering the area that is none of your business.  So let's keep the discussion in technical things.

Message 14 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Hi,

Now I am waiting for 5CA live testing readiness-Hopefully It happens during next week. It is still not sure, it depends on device firmware thing. 5CA speed comparison values are already taken with Huawei and Samsung cell phones, so exciting to see what SDX24 can do in this live testing scenario. Huawei leads the speed game with 860M speed results, hopefully SDX24 can beat that.

Message 15 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

@TeeJay74  Being Netgear employee or a hired gun for marketing is nothing to be ashamed of! You can admit it - we won't judge. It's not really weird if someone wants to know how reliable your praises for the unreleased product nobody else has are,  are why you are advertsiing here. "personal questions" usually refer to different type of information. As for your request to stick to technical discussion - I already tried and asked you about LTE bands the product you have supports, but you declined to comment. Usually, users are happy to share any information they have and others need, so it seems....odd... that you'd request a technical discussion right after refusing to have one.

Message 16 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Good source of information is this:

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

Product: MR2100 and Telstra vetsion material is there. QTI SDX24 product pages also are good.

What comes to M2 EU, it is in development phase and when that development is at certain level then it is time to release sales version.

Message 17 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

AU has totally different bands from EU or US - I already checked Telstra site weeks ago - i tells me nothing about what I want to know. I wanted to know if EU version will have/support any overlapping bands for North America, to figure out if EU version would work in US.

Message 18 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Personally I believe it is not going to work proper way In US.
Message 19 of 27
Apollon
Apprentice

If you told us what LTE bands your EU version has - no "believing" would be required. It'd be a cold, hard fact. Let me try this from a different angle. FDD-LTE B2,B4,B5,B12,B17 - does your version support any of those?

Message 20 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Those bands not used on EU. M1 or M2 does not have universal SKU that could work world wide.
Message 21 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I was able to push with Huawei phone 877 Mbps DL reference speed, so its not going to be an easy job for SDX24 to beat that.

Message 22 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Latest live speed updates show M2 EU's very strong live performance potential. 

Message 23 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Now 900Mbps reached with M2 EU 5CA. Transmission link is 1 Gbps.

Message 24 of 27
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Little bit better speeds with M2 EU lately.

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7