× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100 and KBR750 support

Damo123
Follower

MR2100 and KBR750 support

Hi,

I have purchased an MR2100 to connect to the Telstra 4G network and I also purchased the ORBI AX4200 (router + satellite) however I am unable to get them to work together. The Orbi app is stating that the MR2100 router is not supported. Is someone able to confirm for me? And if this is the case what is the best netgear wi-fi products that I can purchase to work with the MR2100?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2

Re: MR2100 and KBR750 support

@Damo123 wrote:

Hi,

I have purchased an MR2100 to connect to the Telstra 4G network and I also purchased the ORBI AX4200 (router + satellite)

Neither of these is covered in this section of the community.

AX4200 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@Damo123 wrote:

The Orbi app is stating that the MR2100 router is not supported. Is someone able to confirm for me? And if this is the case what is the best netgear wi-fi products that I can purchase to work with the MR2100?

The MR2100 and whatever Orbi you own are both routers.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

A lot of people use an Orbi system in AP mode, especially if they have a decent router in front of it. Only you know which of your two routers provides the best features for your needs.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

and

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7