× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100

Lyndall
Follower

MR2100

I have got a MR2100 and the modem keeps freezing dropping out and the only way to fix it is to open the back take the battery out and restart it.

I have tried resetting it and then it started coming up with "Thank you for purchasing Netgear Lets set you system up"

Now it has gone back to just freezing. I think that there is a fault but telstra wont give me a replacement while this one is sent away for repair meaning that I will be without a modem for 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can do to fix this??

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR2100

Hi @Lyndall  and @Brucewh2 ,

Can you please provide the FW versions of your units?  The latest FW is 10.13.05.00 so I would recommend upgrading to the latest firmware if you have not already.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Brucewh2
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with the Nighthawk freezing (and with TELSTRA attitude) also the unit switches off after about 1 to 1.5 hours. Very frustrating when wanting to print randomly from laptop or mobile device. Nighthawk is only 11 days from purchase. 

Message 2 of 6
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Lyndall  and @Brucewh2 ,

Can you please provide the FW versions of your units?  The latest FW is 10.13.05.00 so I would recommend upgrading to the latest firmware if you have not already.

Regards,

Arodi

Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Brucewh2
Aspirant

After several attempts I was able to download the firmware upgrade and the unit is now working correctly.

TELSTRA needs to be advised of this fix, as they are telling users that the unit will need to be sent away for repair and would be away for up to three weeks.

Message 4 of 6
Trog101
Aspirant

Thats exactely the problem and the Telstra attitude of arrogance  "There is no Problem " .

I tried the firmware upgrade by plugging it into my PC 192.168.1.1 as the MR2100 takes forever and  failed several times  to upload.

Just completed , will keep posted

Message 5 of 6
mtf81
Aspirant

Where can I download the latest firmware for the MR2100? 

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7