× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR5200 connection to 5G SA (stand alone) network possible?

OneTen
Aspirant

MR5200 connection to 5G SA (stand alone) network possible?

Is the MR5200 able to connect ot a 5G SA (stand alone) network? The data sheet is not very clear at that point. "Latest 5G Technology: 5GNR Sub 6GHz (N)SA" The term (N)SA gives me some worries. I'd like to get confirmation on this topic before I spend the money.

Thanks

Marcus

Message 1 of 8
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

If you mean the M5 EU version, I wouldn't worry because these are firmware version things.

Message 2 of 8
OneTen
Aspirant

TeeJay74, thanks for your answer.

I totally agree that the firmware is crucial, as the login procedure to a 5G SA network is different to the 5G NSA procedure, which basically relies on a 4G backend on the carrier side.

Nevertheless `don't worry' is not yet the 100% answer I'm looking for. Can anyone in the community confirm that the MR5200 really works in a 5G SA network (n78 band should be o.k. according to the specs)?

Thanks a lot

Marcus

Message 3 of 8
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Do we have commercial 5G SA deployments in EU area yet? That must be found first, RAN side first, then terminal side.
Message 4 of 8
OneTen
Aspirant

I‘m looking for a device to be operated in a private 5G SA network. I‘m sure we will have a 5G SA 😉
Message 5 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Currently, MR5200 EUS doesn't support 5G SA mode.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
OneTen
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification, is there a timeline or roadmap availble until when the MR5200 will support 5G SA networks?

Message 7 of 8
yellowtao
Aspirant

You know, in China and Hong Kong, most base stations have been changed to 5GSA mode, and NSA mode has been cancelled. I bought this router and now I can’t connect to the 5G network. Now I just want to know, when will Netgear be able to upgrade the firmware to support 5GSA mode, because Qualcomm X55 fully supports SA mode, please help me

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7