× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mobile Broadband Disconnected on Brand New - MR5100 (Telstra edition - AUS)

BabeGrady
Aspirant

Mobile Broadband Disconnected on Brand New - MR5100 (Telstra edition - AUS)

Hi Netgear Community,

I've labeled this post under MR1100 because there isn't currently a category for the MR5100.

I purchased the MR5100 from Telstra in Australia on the 8th of June and it arrived on the 9th of June. I waited for the SIM to activate and tested that it was active on a Pixel 5. I got amazing 5G download speeds with the SIM in the Pixel 5. However, the MR5100 absolutley will not connect and constantly says "Mobile Broadband Disocnnected".

I've been on contact with Telstra tech support to check APN settings and run through everything they have in relation to trouble shooting (factory reset etc. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them in relation to providing me with a firmware update).

When searching the forums here, I noticed that another Telstra customer with the MR5100 had been given a firmware update by Netgear:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Rebooting-of-Nighthawk-MR5100-wifi-s...

I'm just wondering if I can be provided with the firmware upgrade also? The device currently believes there are no updates available but I am on the firmware the user in the above post was on prior to being provided with a firmware download: NTGX55_10.29.07.00.

Details of device:

- Service Provider: Telstra in Australia
- Model: MR5100
- Firmware version: NTGX55_10.29.07.00
- IMEI: 358739540121283

If I could get a firmware update download link to see if that fixes my connection problems that would be much appreciated.

Kindly,

BabeGrady

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 9
BabeGrady
Aspirant

Re: Mobile Broadband Disconnected on Brand New - MR5100 (Telstra edition - AUS)

Any chance of someone from Netgear reaching out? I've got a pretty paperweight in the form of a faulty MR5100 on my desk and live chat is giving me a 404 when I try to contact Netgear support...
Message 2 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

I will ask our SE in Australia to contact you and invetigate the issue with you.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
BabeGrady
Aspirant

Hi John,

That would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
BabeGrady
Aspirant

Hi John,

Any chance someone from Netgear could reach out to provide the firmware/troubleshoot?

Device still doesn't function.

Telstra order is "complete" now though.

Will be visiting a Telstra store to demand a replacement on Friday 25th of June, would be good to try updating firmware before I have to get it replaced. Would be nice if this one didn't just have to be scrapped.

Environmental impacts and all.

Also, if you're interested in more context, here's the whole sorry saga at the Telstra end:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/mobile-broadband/mr5100-mobile-broadband-disconnected/td-p/93...

Kindly,

BabeGrady
Message 5 of 9
BabeGrady
Aspirant

Hi John,

Any chance of getting someone to reach out with a firmware update?

Kindly,

BabeGrady
Message 6 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Just confirmed that our SE contacted you already.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
louisjvn
Aspirant

Help Please! I just lost my second Netgear M5 to faulty equipment. Both modems worked fine for first week, after restart I just get "Searching" in the top left corner. Broadband says "Disconnected". I took the first one back in July and they shipped a new unit to me a week later. Friday the second one did the exact same. I contacted Netgear and they told me the serial number for my replacement device is not a Netgear device!!!! Come on. I went to Telstra store and they would not replace (even though the modem is only 3 week old?). They told me I have to open a complaint. Worst devide purchase I ever made! Brick on my desk.

Message 8 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please provide more information on the disconnection issue?

Please capture a model.json file and send provide a private message to me to check.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Are you using a Telstra SIM card?

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements