× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Mr1100-100nas

CrashFPV
Guide

Mr1100-100nas

I recently got the nighthawk m1 mobile router. Unlocked MR1100- 100NAS. This device worked well until i reached about 30 Gb of data. Now it will not connect to the 4g network even in places i had 4g service to begin with. I have reset the device multiple times. I have called the ISP multiple times, they say everything is fine with my data plan which is unlimited by the way. I am in the united states and have towers all around me. WTF?! Help
Message 1 of 13
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please advise which carrier you are using and what is the data plan? Seems like it is limited on the network side.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 13
CrashFPV
Guide

The plan i was using was from wirelessbuy.com. it was a $79 unlimited business plan for my home office. Wireless buy is an authorized t-mobile reseller. Fine print said i may be slowed down at times of network congestion after 50 GB of usage. I lost all service at my location after 30gb. At tower i could only get H+. No 4g lte was available. Anywhere. Wirelessbuy customer service told me my plan was still active and everything looked like it was in working order. They said tech support would email me the issues if any in roughly 2 hours after my call. That was on thursday at noon. Still no word. I did purchase another sim and plan from at&t and it works fine as of now
Message 3 of 13
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Definitely, this is data plan issue, not our device issue.

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 13
Kathy825
Aspirant

Having same issue where did you go for at&t SIM? And what plan did you get?
Message 5 of 13
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please try the following:

1. Log in to WebUI

2. Manually create an APN use "b2b.static" as APN name with IPv4 chosen for both PDP and PDP Roaming

3. Check the radio button in front of the newly created APN to set it as default.

4. Mak sure Data checkbox is checked.

Let me know whether this works or not.

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
CrashFPV
Guide

I went to ebay and got one of the $34.99 plans where they send me a sim card. The seller set up my account in a very basic fashion. When i recieved the card, i logged into at&ts website and put all my personal information in. The account is mine. Wirelessbuy finally got back to me 2 months later. Because t mobile is ramping up their 5g network, the service is sketchy. It was not a nighthawk issue. Hope it helps
Message 7 of 13
CrashFPV
Guide

Sorry forgot to tell you the plan. Its labeled as "Unlimited MB" for $34.99. So far this month im at 500GB.
Message 8 of 13
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@CrashFPV wrote:
I went to ebay and got one of the $34.99 plans where they send me a sim card. The seller set up my account in a very basic fashion. When i recieved the card, i logged into at&ts website and put all my personal information in. The account is mine. Wirelessbuy finally got back to me 2 months later. Because t mobile is ramping up their 5g network, the service is sketchy. It was not a nighthawk issue. Hope it helps

Thanks for the information. Hope this will help other customers here.

Regards

Message 9 of 13
5iVE7
Aspirant

What service are you using? I cant seem to find anything that works with this damn thing. Its so glorious online with all the videos of 100gb upload/dl speeds and then when you get it... THERE IS NO SERVICE THAT WORKS! Definitely no unlimited data plans.... Can you use a sim card with voice/text/data instead of just data only like tablet plans? The ISP carriers like T-Mobile and ATT tell me they wont work unless we buy limited GB's of data which get eaten through in 2 days of just streaming video... Forget gaming

Message 10 of 13
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

I know AT&T can provided the data plan with limited 4G data, but unlimited 3G data. 

Thanks

@5iVE7 wrote:

What service are you using? I cant seem to find anything that works with this damn thing. Its so glorious online with all the videos of 100gb upload/dl speeds and then when you get it... THERE IS NO SERVICE THAT WORKS! Definitely no unlimited data plans.... Can you use a sim card with voice/text/data instead of just data only like tablet plans? The ISP carriers like T-Mobile and ATT tell me they wont work unless we buy limited GB's of data which get eaten through in 2 days of just streaming video... Forget gaming

Message 11 of 13
Kathy825
Aspirant

How can I get it ?
Message 12 of 13
CrashFPV
Guide

I just tried to look for a link to post here for a sim card...i cant find any actually. I found the unlimited sim sellers, the same plan i have, but the price has gone up to $90 a month and the seller calls these sims "Rentals" whatever the hell that means...it looks like the window for the $34.99 plan has closed. I have been hearing rumors that the price would increase. Im sorry. It could go away, after Corona, i just dont know. T-mobile has a plan through Wirelessbuy.com, its $80 a month, but i think you have to buy the device from them to have access to the unlimited plan, plus its a business acct plan. They dont verify though
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7