× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mr1100 nighthawk M1 will not factory reset

gokusupa
Follower

Mr1100 nighthawk M1 will not factory reset

Nighthawk MR1100 M1

No factory reset option is available under settings

No ability to update firmware

Holding reset button for 5,10,20,30,60,120 seconds yield no results, the custom settings remain.

Just looking to factory reset this device or install new firmware since it is not working and will not connect to any cell tower signal.

Message 1 of 6
Datguy58
Aspirant

Re: Mr1100 nighthawk M1 will not factory reset

Did you get it from Maplewifi?? I have a MR1100 from Maplewifi and it is the same way. Can't update firmware, Can't see account info, Can't reset it with the button or under setting. 

Message 2 of 6
stevef4571
Aspirant

I thought the same was happening to me..

but then realized I was doing it wrong. I was removing the battery.

When I left the battery in, and had the device turned on, while holding the reset button for 10 seconds, then I could see the factory reset sequence on screen and it worked.

Message 3 of 6
aknight731
Initiate

I have a MapleWIFI MR5100 and have the same issue. No factory reset in menu, the factory reset button beside the battery does not work. It looks like I can not use the router with any other service, what a scam. Their support now tells me that it is their firmware and will not provide any options. MapleWIFI sucks.

Message 4 of 6
Datguy58
Aspirant

I actually now offer the same unlimited service as Maplewifi for $130 a month if you are still looking for internet or I may be interested in buying your router to resell to one of my customers. 

Message 5 of 6
Datguy58
Aspirant

Unfortunately that doesn't work on the Maplewifi routers. They have put a custom firmware on them and locked them down pretty good. I have only been able to fully reset 1 out of the 3 I have had so far

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7