× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Mr1100 reboot constant

Truckstoptv
Aspirant

Mr1100 reboot constant

Has Netgear ever actually found a solution to the constant reboot on mr1100 unit?

I have tried multiple solutions on this page and all over Google yet nothing.

I have some major issues with two at&t hotspots. One set up for T-Mobile and one for at&t. I am sure you have heard this before but both hotspot continuously reboot(sometimes when you use the top button, or checking internet speed test on a device or connecting to devices), disconnects for no reason, won't reconnect, have to punch in password everytime I connect with them, ethernet port don't seem to always work, when they go on black screen they seem to loose connectivity. All in all both are almost useless. I have tried all kinds of things I have read online but to no avail. I had to remove the batteries because the hotspots kept freezing with them in there.

MR1100-1A1NAS hotspot 1 use T-Mobile with this one

MR1100-2A1NAS hotspot 2 use at&t with this one.

Both hotspots same issue.

Firmware NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00
Batteries P/N 308-10034-01

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 11
somebodyelse
Aspirant

Add me to the list!

Just got a sim card from OTR, registered with them, and started using the router. I noticed that the router was doing a firmware update. Then reboot - REboot - REBOOT.  Could hardly start a connectiion, or everytime I'd connect with WiFi or USB this would happen. WHAT GIVES!

Message 2 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Truckstoptv

Where did you purchase these 2 units? Just to confirm, if you will remove the battery then the device works fine. Is that right? 

@somebodyelse

May I request for the following information: 

- Exact model number

- Network

- Firmware

- Purchased from

- Battery Part Number 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 11
Truckstoptv
Aspirant

No not correct. With the battery in, it just freezes vs continuously restarting.

Model MR1100-2A1NAS, MR1100-1A1NAS
Network: AT&T, T-Mobile
Firmware: NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00
Purchased through AT&T
Both Batteries 308-10034-01

Message 4 of 11
Whciv
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue with constant rebooting. My hotspot worked for about 6 months but now reboots constantly. I have tried everything I could find on this board and nothing has fixed it. Mine happens with the battery, without the battery, only plugged in, only the battery...I’ve tried every option. I’ve turned off one WiFi network and even tried a refresh. If you google this you will see TONS of customers have this same issue with no real fix coming from Netgear. It’s time to escalate this, which I’m doing, to the executive team including Patrick Lo. I know this is just one Netgear product but there are thousands of customers who bought this very expensive top of the line hotspot that won’t work. To say we are frustrated is a major understatement. We have posted this issue here, sent technical requests and messaged Netgear staff via social media. It’s time to fix this issue. 

Message 5 of 11
Oxygene
Apprentice

Netgear when do you expect a new firmware for M1? Or it is already obsolete?

Message 6 of 11
Whciv
Tutor

UPDATE 

i moved my Netgear hotspot to another city today and the rebooting stopped. Netgear Team you have an issue with updated towers from AT&T. The towers in Post Falls Idaho must be 4G+. When I could connect it would run over 100mbps. This still needs a firmware update. Netgear can you confirm that you are working on a fix. This will only spread as AT&T updates their towers. 

Message 7 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

This has been brought up already to engineers and are already aware of the issue. We are working on a fix and it will be pushed out in next couple of weeks.  

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 11
Whciv
Tutor

Thank you for the update.  We look forward to a fix.  This issue makes our Netgear hotspot useless in many areas.

Message 9 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

A new firmware was released for MR1100-100NAS and MR1100-100EUS. Kindly check your devices and update the firmware. 

Release notes: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061333/MR1100-Firmware-Version-NTG9x50C-12-06-07-00-00

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 10 of 11
rsanagustin
Aspirant

I purchased my MR1100-1A1NAS about 2/3 MONTHS AGO AND IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH CONSTANT REBOOT & BATTERY NOT CHARGING.
IS THIS FIRMWARE UPGRADE FOR THE MODEL I HAVE OR IS IT ONLY FOR THE MR1100-NAS?
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7