× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mr2100 nighthawk m2 schedule

TimelapseUTR
Aspirant

Mr2100 nighthawk m2 schedule

Hello, While looking at the MR2100 nighthawk m2 specs I was wondering if I can make the most of the schedule feature. My question is: Suppose you want a short schedule , does the router do some kind of energy saver? In other words , is it possible to start up and shut down the router when you apply a schedule in this m2 ? I want to use this with a remote device ( a wifi connected dslr camera) to upload/download just a few images to a ftp server. If not is there any router from Netgear that can perform such a thing? How about the sleepmode and the possible overheating risk with this m2 in general ?

thanks for you help, TimelapseUTR

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
additude
Virtuoso

Re: Mr2100 nighthawk m2 schedule

According to the User Manual,

You are limited to scheduling "Internet Access" with individual rules which I am assuming are dates and times for specific attached devices.

My past tells me that "FTP Snapshot" is a feature of the camera. In my experience, IP Cameras.....

Are you expecting to use the MR2100 to trigger the DSLr camera creating a single image that you can then ftp upload to an http server?

It might be worth your time to call purchasing support and talk to a rep.

You may find more appropriate responces posting into the correct forums:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Message 2 of 3
TimelapseUTR
Aspirant

Re: Mr2100 nighthawk m2 schedule

Thanks Virtuoso for your answer. Yes, I am a bit off topic here.  No it's not about triggering a camera.That's done by an other device called an intervalometer.... It's just about connectivity of the router. I was wondering if one could limit the up time of the router and just allow uploads (or downloads) in a certain time frame. Just to save on the data transfer and for checking the dslr camera is allright and is still operating and is able to transfer the images. I know it's maybe asking a lot of a router but since it's a mobile router I could sure use a feateure like that. 

cheers, TimelapseUTR

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7