× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

My new Nighthawk M1 hot spot sometimes gets in a loop with "netgear" screen and will not start up

RobotPirate
Aspirant

My new Nighthawk M1 hot spot sometimes gets in a loop with "netgear" screen and will not start up

Just got this earlier this week

Also sometimes when it is cold it keeps reboting, what do I do?

Message 1 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: My new Nighthawk M1 hot spot sometimes gets in a loop with "netgear" screen and will n

Please advise whether your device SKU is MR1100-100NAS. If so, please advise the FW verison and PRI version on the device.

What is the carrier you are using with M1?

Thanks

Message 2 of 11
RobotPirate
Aspirant

Re: My new Nighthawk M1 hot spot sometimes gets in a loop with "netgear" screen and will n

My device is the MR1100-2A1NAS

Firmware Version NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00

We use ATT as a carrier

The device is working now but sometime when plugged in using no battery, it gets in a loop, shows NETGEAR on screen, then the ATT LOGO, then repeats 4-5 times and I have to unplug device to restart the cycle

Also it restarts sometimes when I click "connect" on my PC, it will instantly reboot

Message 3 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

AT&T just released a new update with FW version 12.06.39.00. Please upgrade to the latest version and see whether the issue goes away.

If you use a device heavily, better to insert battery or use a QC PA when not using battery. 

It is a typical sign that PA can't provide enough power when using no battery and clicking Connect button results in device reboot.

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 11
RobotPirate
Aspirant

I’m bought an Anker fast charge 3.0 18W, is that good? Here it is below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077HFFLMS/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can the Nighthawk be used without battery plugged in safely?

Message 5 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

This charger looks good.

The M1 supports no battery operations, which reduce the risk due to battey overheated. It would be safer to use M1 without battery if you plan to keep it connected 7/24.

Thanks

John

Message 6 of 11
RobotPirate
Aspirant

I’m only connected 5-7 hours a day but download a lot of games a such which make it warm

So do you think the only reason “not using battery” the device would keep trying to boot would be the charger I’m using isn’t powerful enough?

What’s the most powerful charger I can use and be safe not to hurt my M1?
Message 7 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

PA that supports QCT QC 2.0 should be enough to power M1 without battery.

Thanks

John

Message 8 of 11
RobotPirate
Aspirant

New charger, still same issue

1. Turn on PC

2. Plug in the Nighthawk M1, it turns on

3. The minute I try to connect the PC with the hot spot, it restarts and does that several times before ultimatly having to unplug it for a few mintues, this SOMETIMES fixes the issue

Do you have the link to hte ATT firmware update?

Message 9 of 11
RobotPirate
Aspirant

Still have the problem!!!

Got with ATT, got the new firmware you suggested, downloaded and succesfully installed it.

Nighthawk M1 worked fine for 3 hours last night. This morning plugged it in, every single time it stated fine but when it tried to connect to the PC, it rebooted. This happend 5 times in a row! I unplugged the Nighthawk for 3 seconds plugged in and it works now

Please help!!!! This is a Netgear community, can you not diagnose this problem for me?

Message 10 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please help to collect some logs? Please check your private message.

Thanks

John

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7