Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAT Type 3

alopez18
Aspirant

NAT Type 3

Hopefully anyone here can help me. I called them 4 times and nobody knew what i was talking about. Got hung up on twice. I really hope i can get the help i need from the community. Anyways, so i have two ps4s. I should be getting around 200mbps with the isp i have. The speed isnt the problem, the problem is both my ps4s connect to the internet but both get the NAT Type 3. (Strict NAT Type) It also disconnects me from wifi all together at the most random times. First time i called, they had me change a few things in the WAN setup. Then i changed some more numbers in wireless settings. That worked for a day then it pooped on me again. Then they said to call my isp becuase i guess i had a public ip? So i called my isp and they said that i did have a private ip and to call sony. Sony said to call netgear. So im just circles around these three. PLEASE any help would be much appreciated. The last thing they said was to try port forwarding but i dont know how to do that. Plus i need to do it with two ps4s. Its not cable connected either. Theyre connected wirelessly

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NAT Type 3

Try setting NAT FIlter to OPEN. Look for this under Advanced Settings/WAN setup

Message 2 of 4
alopez18
Aspirant

There is no such option in WAN setup or anywhere else
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you hard powered OFF the PS consoles, powered OFF the modem for 1 minute then back on? 

Then turn on 1 PS and check NAT status...

If this doesn't work, hard power OFF the PS console, factory reset the modem and setup from scratch with a wired PC.

uPnP should be enabled and no PF configurations or DMZ should be enabled. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7