× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NETGEAR LTE Modem LB2120 VPN/SSH

solomond
Follower

NETGEAR LTE Modem LB2120 VPN/SSH

Hi all. 

I have a NETGEAR LTE Modem 2120 and have been tasked with using this to allow for my company to access a computer that is in a different facility. Ideally, we would be able to connect to the computer through this modem if we need to look at log files or change the computer's configuration.

First of all, is this possible with this modem? The computer we would be connecting to is a CentOS 7 computer.

If this is possible then how can we do it? I am trying to read about VPN passthrough but am very confused.

Lets say on the target computer we have some ports on the 192.168.180 subnet. I configured the modem to be 192.168.180.99. Now on my laptop what I want to do is connect to the target computer through this modem over the internet. Help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR LTE Modem LB2120 VPN/SSH

Hi @solomond

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

LB2120 would be a passthrough of the VPN connection. You can check this reference link:  https://kb.netgear.com/24250/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7