× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot opn ATT

tylerdustin2008
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot opn ATT

Hello.

I have complete crap internet where I live. I have Centurylink DSL with 3.5mb speed tests, I am on the end of the line the systems has not been updated in atleast 30 years. It was done by sprint when they did do home phone.

The unit I am interested in, is on Amazon and is a unlocked unit.

Buy anyway my question with the unit is do I need to have a plan with it, or can I use a data only sim from a tablet on my unlimited plan. They do not offer unlimited plans, and if I can get 10mb down I will hit the 100gb plan in probably 5 days. I am hoping I able to use that sim. And If I can I plan on seeting up a tower thats about 80' off the ground with two directional antennas one horizontal and one vertical and pointing it at a tower that is about 10 miles away. Near the base of that tower I get 80mb down and 50mb up speeds. And If I am unable to do that with my current Att plan what companys would you all reccommend that may work off of ATT's towers?

I want to upgrade to a 4k tv, but at the data speeds I have not sometimes it doesn't even want o buffer a 720p video on Youtube. And even with that no one else in the house can watch Youtube unless it is 360p or lower and then you still have to let It buffer for a few minutes. I am looking to spend about $900 or so in hardware, which is fine. Buit I won't if I can't get the service.

Thanks for any and all help, I am tired of this slow internet.

Message 1 of 6
tylerdustin2008
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot opn ATT

Do not many people look at these questions?

Message 2 of 6
tylerdustin2008
Aspirant

Come on someone has to know this. Netgear, you all should know you made it. Whats the point of a community of people who know this item if no one answers peoples questions?

Message 3 of 6
tylerdustin2008
Aspirant

Also.... 92 views and nothing.

Message 4 of 6
LTEGuy
Star

Hi

The device does not come with a SIM card or a data plan.  Unfortunatley i cant say for certain if your tablet data sim will work on the M1, that would be a question for ATT.

Message 5 of 6
tylerdustin2008
Aspirant

Well moderators you can delete this thread. As it will help no one because this forum which is meant for Netgear products and I asked a question for a Netgear product did not get answered. And I assume the reason for that is because no one knows.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7