× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NETGEAR nighthawk mobile M1 MR1100 connected to Nighthawk AC2300 smart wifi router R7000P via ether

William_lives
Follower

NETGEAR nighthawk mobile M1 MR1100 connected to Nighthawk AC2300 smart wifi router R7000P via ether

Have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) connected via ethernet cord to a Nighthawk AC2300 smart wifi router. It seems to work but I have two signals. one from the mobile hotspot modem and one from the AC2300 router. I need to configure so that the router is my only signal. Im not sure that it matters but I am using a t-mobile hotspot sim card in the M1

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: NETGEAR nighthawk mobile M1 MR1100 connected to Nighthawk AC2300 smart wifi router R7000P via et

You can configure M1 as IP Passthrough mode, that would disable M1's WiFi, also disable M1's DHCP Server, so you can have AC2300 as your main router, helps on M1's heat dissipation. William

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: NETGEAR nighthawk mobile M1 MR1100 connected to Nighthawk AC2300 smart wifi router R7000P via et

You can configure M1 as IP Passthrough mode, that would disable M1's WiFi, also disable M1's DHCP Server, so you can have AC2300 as your main router, helps on M1's heat dissipation. William
Message 2 of 5
PatriotsUnited
Aspirant

Hi, I have an odd issue. I'm tring to set up the M1 as a modem via LAN cable through the IP Passthrough setting.

I can get the inital set up right and all seems well. But the download speeds are bad! only around a 1Mb/s download. Where on WIFI through the M1 I get ~23Mb/s download...... I've tried several settings changes, setting the network address on the computer to a static IP: 192.168.1.50,; setting DNS to staic IP; turning off DHCP; letting the computer auto configure the network....usally it goes to a 10.x.x.x or a 169.x.x.x. Not sure whats going on here??? Any ideas? Once I get this figured out I'll be hocking the M1 to a more powerful dual band WIFI router for my house. Thanks all

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 5
W1lliam
Virtuoso

You can try to have Ethernet Switch plugged in between M1 and your PC, sometimes the problem is caused by interoperability for the Ethernet connection.
Message 4 of 5
PatriotsUnited
Aspirant

Great, thanks for the idea. I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7