× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Need APN settings for an MR1100 Hotspot on the ATT Network

87MikeR
Initiate

Need APN settings for an MR1100 Hotspot on the ATT Network

Sorry, I seem to have posted this under the wrong forum.  It belongs here:

========================================================

In working with ATT on another issue they had me change all the APN settings in my MR1100.  The settings they gave me would not allow the Hotspot to connect to the ATT cellular network.  Unfortunately no one at ATT seems to know what these settings need to be.  I need the correct ATT settings for:

APN Name:

APN:

Authentication:

PDP Type:

PDP Roaming:

Right now I have these set to the following:

APN Name:  ATT

APN:  Broadband

Authentication:  None

PDP Type:  IPv4

PDP Roaming:  IPv4

It will connect and work with ATT, but it is very slow (2Mbps on average in a speedtest).  I found the APN settings I entered on the web and was not very confident they were really optomized so wanted to see what others were using.  Does anyone have an MR1100 that works on the ATT network and if so could you look at the APN setting for each of the items above?  Thank You.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
87MikeR
Initiate

Re: Need APN settings for an MR1100 Hotspot on the ATT Network

I went to my local ATT store today where I purchased the router.  They could not find any information in their system about these setting just like their help line.  However, the person I talked to actually lived out of a trailer and used one of these units himself.  Over his lunch break he took a snapshot of the settings on his unit and sent them to me.  Here is what he had on his unit.

APN Name:   ATT Mobile

APN:   broadband

Authentication:   None

PDP Type:   IPv4v6

PDP Roaming:   IPv4

I have changed to these settings and things seem to be working OK.  I believe this is the correct answer to this questions.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
87MikeR
Initiate

I went to my local ATT store today where I purchased the router.  They could not find any information in their system about these setting just like their help line.  However, the person I talked to actually lived out of a trailer and used one of these units himself.  Over his lunch break he took a snapshot of the settings on his unit and sent them to me.  Here is what he had on his unit.

APN Name:   ATT Mobile

APN:   broadband

Authentication:   None

PDP Type:   IPv4v6

PDP Roaming:   IPv4

I have changed to these settings and things seem to be working OK.  I believe this is the correct answer to this questions.

Message 2 of 3
BLASH58
Aspirant

Spent hours with help desk, got nowhere - found these settings here & worked perfectly - THANKS!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7