× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Need to extend Hotpot to include 2 ethernet ports

Tsprint2
Follower

Need to extend Hotpot to include 2 ethernet ports

I just moved to a place with no options for internet except Verizon 4g with 4 bars. The network speed is not great for much but good enough for browsing internet and email. I have Arlo that requires an eithernet port so I used my Netgear ex6100 to extend and provide me 1 port. My question is...is there a better option for configuring? I really need the signal to reach 200 feet from the HotSpot and then attach my Arlo master to the extender at that point. Is there a better extender and booster?
Message 1 of 4
nanoman
Aspirant

Hi I have the same need. I connected a switch to the EX6120 but no joy.  See connection layout.  Each of the PoE units is active. I would appreciate any thoughts / comments on how to get this to work. Only the device on port 1 is working.

Thanks,

Remote Monitoring System.jpg

Message 2 of 4
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Get the MR1100 and add a small Ethernet switch (Netgear GS105 or GS108) -- piece of cake.  Note that the DHCP server in the MR110o only supports 20 devices.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 3 of 4
nanoman
Aspirant

Thanks, however your suggestion does not address my issue - I already have a wireless hotspot / router (up to 10 connected devices in my case) that, unfortunately,  does not have an ethernet port. I believe this is a common configuration for many hotspots. 

So, the idea is to use a WIFI extender (with an ethernet port, e.g. Netgear EX6150, EX6100, etc. ) with a multiport switch to provide connectivity to multiple wired ethernet appliances. It seems like it would work seemingly as wired in early post diagram. This is what I am questing help on.

ASIDE: I am not sure that the MR1100 will work on Straight Talk network (verizon network).  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7