× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Need to unlock telnet on lb1120 LTE modem

willformayor
Follower

Need to unlock telnet on lb1120 LTE modem

I get great service with band 4 and would like to lock it in. it switches between 4 and 12. band 12 is horrible

Message 1 of 6
Talious
Initiate

Same here, I'm stuck on Band 12, even though I have a good band 2 signal. Bandwidth on band 12 is <2Mbit on Band 2 is >30Mbit. I've tried ways to block the Band12 signal, however even though the band 2 signal is better, the router seems to lock on and hold band 12. PLEASE let us choose the band we'd like to be on or at least have the router use band 12 as last resort!

Message 2 of 6
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NETGEAR will not provide the instructions to unlock telnet as that feature is only used for engineering debugging purposes not for customer usage. You need to remember that the choice to which band LB1120 will connect to is made by the ISP using number of different parameters such as signal strength, signal quality, and etc. So even with access to telnet all you can do is  limit the number of bands available and limiting connection to just one band i.e. band 12 would be a bad idea because if that band was over used or becomes unusable or over crowded your device would not be able to connect to other bands.

In your case the band 2 and band 4 may have better signal quality and less users on it so ISP pushes the device to that band. At the end of the day just because you have better signal it does not mean that you will get great speeds as there is so many other factors that come into play when dealing with wireless communication.  

Message 3 of 6

count me in on this. for some reason my 815S hotspot uses band 12 , phone uses band 12 , but the LB1120 is on band 2 this is all at the same location. my only thought is to get external antenna that does not support the unwanted band. band 12 runs about double the speed of band 2 for data.

Message 4 of 6
superjet
Star

It is complete and total crap the way support with these LTE modems is handled. You cant output a log file or download the firmware/software yourself.  I've been trying for 40 days to get my lb2120 to download an update to hopefully fix the complete trash broken bridge connection that is well documented on these forums. 10-20mbps connection to the internet through the router on the lan port, cant update software. Registered product with netgear, only 90 days support without going through their phone support. Last time years ago I had an issue with one of netgears products it involved a NDA and engineering firmware that didnt even fix the problem.

None of the fixes on the internet for unlocking telnet have worked for me either. 

Since you cant get a changelog for a new software release who knows if the update even addresses any of the issues you're having.

Like netgear even cares

Message 5 of 6
superjet
Star

post 5510 mine is listening

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation