× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re : Netgear 810 update

akido
Apprentice

as usal netgear excels by silence

Message 26 of 188
akido
Apprentice

Another issue is that when restriting a device from access to wifi network, the modem interrupts connection for a while
Message 27 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Retail department have been asked to speed up with this case. They are really busy at the moment. All we can do is wait for response.

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 28 of 188
akido
Apprentice

Really busy!!! It's nonsense....
Message 29 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

回复: Netgear 810 update

When the netgear replied that I owned the ac810s not a retail product i was already very shocked because i purchased the place with the Hong Kong netgear agent certified .....
Message 30 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I think Netgear is messing up with serial number database and that issue maybe linked to that we cannot see new update versions this moment. So it could be support system issue from their side. However, we need a response from Netgear side and we want updates asap.

Message 31 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

Still waiting for NETGEAR to deal with the problem, I hope next week can be the result

Message 32 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear 810 update

Depending of the version you have, from Netgear or from ISP. Personally I do not understand why is it so hard to put some files to ftp repository and provide link to it. This is not a rocket science.

Message 33 of 188
akido
Apprentice

Netgear I couldn't know ur support is as poor as this , very expensive device vs very poor support !!!
Message 34 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

Already 2 weeks still not any news about follow up update....
Message 35 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Update version problems emerged with DC112A-100EUS too. Support page shows newer version. When I try to install, it says "incorrect version". Support page initial firmware version is different than the Cradle's base version. What comes to AC810-100EUS updates, couple of contact channels are open, but time span for solution is still unknown.

Message 36 of 188
akido
Apprentice

It seems this community's forum is of another firm not for netgear
Message 37 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

Hong Kong netgear agent ask the United States about firmware update for two weeks still did not respond
Message 38 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I got information that OTA firmware update should be available soon. So there is hope in the air.
Message 39 of 188
akido
Apprentice

from where did u get this info?

Message 40 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

From Netgear insider who works with AC810's , trustworthy source.
Message 41 of 188
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

This information has been confirmed by Netgear support.

They said, new firmware will be released after beta-testing stage, but no exact time.

Message 42 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I am glad that the message has gone through. I first heard about this firmware version late November 2016, so I think beta-testing phase may be near its end because so much time has passed. So probably release date is near.

Message 43 of 188
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

Can you guys give me a list of things that is wrong in the current Firmware so I can get this to engineering.

DarrenM

Message 44 of 188
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello everyone 

Can you guys give me a list of things that is wrong in the current Firmware so I can get this to engineering.

DarrenM

Excuse me for my English please, i'm from Russia. But i cant only sit and read this forum 🙂 

Device version: AC810-100EUS.

Firmware Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.07.00

Firmware Build Date: 2016/02/23

Web App Version: AC810S-1_03.03.103.94

Bootloader Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.07.00

Hardware Version: 1.0

TRU-Install: PHS_B4059

1) Reboots without reason several times a day. What i seen, It only happens in LTE-network with 3-band Carrier Aggregation (LTE Cat.9 or LTE Cat.11). With LTE Cat.6 networks device works fine.

Also seems to be confirmed by TeeJay74, post #2 of this topic.  

2) Main Page > Support > User Guide. Wrong manual link (refers to http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC785/AC785-100INS_UM_3Aug2015.pdf);

3) In LTE-Advanced network with Carrier Aggregation band icon suddenly disappear every time. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7xn2ldfth1h5a9/Icon_AC810.PNG?dl=0

4) Main Page > About > View Details > Current radio band. The only information available - about primary carrier component, no information about secondary carrier component number one and secondary carrier component number two (I mean LTE Cat.6, LTE Cat.9, LTE Cat.11);

5) Charging problems from AC, devices sometimes stop charging, need to replug every time.

Thats what i seen for 8 months after purchase. If possible, i may descibe all problems to the Russian devision of Netgear with more details if necessary.

Thanks for everyone who helped and contributed to making this topic useful!

Message 45 of 188
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Skplus

Thank you for this feedback I will pass this on.

DarrenM

Message 46 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I strongly agree with listing skplus just sent. I have used this device for 9 months. During that time I have participated in operator testing, 3CA commissioning and 256-QAM implementation.

Uplink slowness. I get 18-25 Mbps uplink speed with 300/50 SIM card. When I put this SIM card to Galaxy S7 edge smartphone I get 50 Mbps uplink from same basestation. This is systematic behavior. I have read couple of other comments that indicate similar behavior.  I have discussed with Cell network CEO with this and according to his knowledge there should be no network configuration issues with uplink. So this could be something AC810 firmware related. Environment is 3CA (B3+B3+B20). I have discussed with Netgear engineer earlier about this and he said they could do some lab testing and try to reproduce the issue. No actual timetable for that job.

'

Cell edge conditions(occasional low SINR value), during operator testing we did not get 256-QAM working. Even with enough high RSRP(-63...-65) on each three carrier and SINR near 30, eNodeB scheduler did not activate 256-QAM even when AC810 reports back CQI value 15. Maybe the reason for this is that adjacent base station sector antenna causes intra cell interference(near overlap zone) and this may confuse AC810's CQI calculation result. So it could be useful to ask from R&D is this a internal calculation issue and is there any possibility to get 256-QAM working in cell edge conditions.

From telnet interface it could be useful to see RSSNR (dB)for each three carrier separately. It would be easier to evaluate possible cell specific interference issues.

Basic diagnostics screens could be better. Everyone cannot afford QXDM tools which cost $14,750. I checked the price from Qualcomm.

Most important is that Netgear should not delay new firmware release anymore even if some of issues told here are new.

Message 47 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

We have same problem but my case some time when open ac810s will display cannot connect 127.0.0.1 and upload speed very slow I post the picture in the forum before
Message 48 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I have seen this "cannot connect 127.0.0.1" too.

Message 49 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

One addition to cell edge and 256-QAM experience. In my case it may be so that 256-QAM did not activate because BLER is over 10% threshold. I cannot see BLER from telnet interface. It would be highly useful to see BLER from UE side(without QXDM).
Message 50 of 188
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7