× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear 810 update

Retired_Member
Not applicable

回复: Netgear 810 update

@kirayamto wrote:
We have same problem but my case some time when open ac810s will display cannot connect 127.0.0.1 and upload speed very slow I post the picture in the forum before

Same problems, i forgot about this. As for upload speed, previously i had used Tp-link LTE Cat.4 router, upload was ~40 - 60 mbit/s without external antennas, same band (B7 20 MHz).

Another interesting question is about supporting CA_3-38 combination (FDD + TDD Aggregation). It is listed as supported, but looks like CA_3-38 disabled out of the box, so it is not possible to use this in real life. 

QXDM: NV Browser > RF LTE > 70977 (RFNV LTE B3 CA BC CONFIG) /nv/item_files/rfnv/00025210. Default value is 524484, which means: B3 + B3, B3 + B7, B3 + B8, B3 + B20. 

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/td1jn9kqpq23j30/AC810-CA_3-38.PNG?dl=0

If there is another variable for FDD+TDD Aggregation, please excuse me. But i cant get CA_3-38 working.

Message 51 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

About cell edge and 256-QAM: On the other hand it is strange if CQI 15 and BLER over 10% could exist same time. Could this be due to cell edge radio air condition or some problem with signal calculation results ?
Message 52 of 188
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@TeeJay74 wrote:
About cell edge and 256-QAM: On the other hand it is strange if CQI 15 and BLER over 10% could exist same time. Could this be due to cell edge radio air condition or some problem with signal calculation results ?

It's a very strange. Good question for Netgear engineers.

Personally i don't know. If so, CQI table for 256-QAM available here, but there is not so much information about interaction between CQI and Block Error Rate. 

Message 53 of 188
akido
Apprentice

Re : Netgear 810 update

For me many issues such as:
1 Annoying apn when powering in device
2 issue with orange tn data sim continued rebooting
3 sometimes detecting network take much time with the error can't connect to 127.0.0
4 the ios app for managing device lacks many features unlike the webpage
5 can't find option to fix the frequency to a specific band for ex 1800 only or 800 or 2600

6 support from netgear is totally absent
Message 54 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Hello DarrenM

Can you sort out the estimated timetable for update release ? Do we have to wait for some days, one week or two weeks or what ? Many people have waited so long for this update.
Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 55 of 188
vitaly
Tutor

One more thing 🙂
Wired connection does not work on macOS. It does not matter which cable is used: USB2 or USB3.
Support has answered that USB connection is designed only for Windows. Veeeeery unexpected limitation for AirCard 810, especially taking into account that old AirCard 785 model can be connected to Mac either wirelessly or wired.
Message 56 of 188
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

I do not have any ETAs on firmware but the engineers are looking at this thread for everyone's feedback.

DarrenM

Message 57 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

May be netgear not attach importance to customer experience
Message 58 of 188
akido
Apprentice

For sure
Message 59 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

On the other hand, it would not surprise me if a rootcause for these update delivery delays would be on Qualcomm side instead of Netgear.
Message 60 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

This product launch has been a long time, these problems should be found and dealt with netgear, but I have repeatedly contacted netgear they said my product is not a retail version .this is netgear problem
Message 61 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

This is Netgear product and they bear the responsibility for their products.
Message 62 of 188
akido
Apprentice

excuse me its silly to say that, netgear should have labs to test and fix all the inconveniences related with this expansive sold device

Message 63 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

If these things cannot be solved in decent time with technical people then there is an option to contact Netgear managers or directors and then they may tell us what is this all about. It should be clear that we cannot wait forever. Personally I am trying to reach speed class 350 - 420 Mbps as soon as it is possible from network side. But then AC810 software cannot be the weakest link. It has to work without issues. It is pretty unsual that professional people cannot give estimate how much time is needed to complete some work.

Message 64 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

We have to pay expensive money to buy this high-end products, even the software problems no any one can solve for a long time, so that we lose confidence in the netgear, although netgear often say that the customer experience, but I think netgear bring us disappointment and dissatisfaction, Even a firmware update can not have a real time to update, how long we need still wait for ?

Message 65 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I think Netgear developers should arrange a meeting asap because of this issue and after that tell us loud and clear what is the time estimate of arrival for AC810 firmware update. We want that estimate that's for sure.

Message 66 of 188
julli100
Aspirant

I think Netgear cares only about money, not soon to be ex customers

Message 67 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

As far as I know the Australian telstra version AC810s are often updated to solve the problem, I am very difficult to believe that NETGEAR has no ability to deal with problems in a timely manner

Message 68 of 188
Retired_Member
Not applicable

One more question: why no changelogs for already released updates (AC785, AC790, Telstra AC810)?

How customers should determine, what bug fixes are in the new version? Home users also want to know more about every new update...

Message 69 of 188
akido
Apprentice

I really advise anyone who is about to purchase this device to get away and look another brand like huawei , Alcatel or tplink given the poor quality of support with netgear
Message 70 of 188
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry, i can't recommend Alcatel OneTouch 4G devcies. Extremely poor support, Netgear really better, they at least answer the questions. Alcatel have the same problems, even more - MDM9230-based devices main problem - reboots without reason several times a day (OneTouch Link 4G+ Y900NB). Technical support can do nothing for 2 years!

I think its Qualcomm-related problems, low-quality modem firmware, same situation with first revisions of MDM9225 (20 MHz Aggregation not working). And i hope, Netgear will draw conclusions after this situation - we need better technical support and regulary updates.  

Message 71 of 188
akido
Apprentice

It's disgraceful that a customer begs netgear for an update ,things apple did almost every week
netgear if u sell devices without support note that in ur website to let people take the right decision when planning to buy a device
Message 72 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I am raising stakes with this one. I wrote a description of the situation to high ranking Netgear mobile products representative. I am trying to speed up the process.

Message 73 of 188
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Latest news,

Testing period is still going on. If there are no issues, they are planning to release new firmware during February.
Message 74 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

I hope netgear will be quickly finish firmware update because we are waiting long time
Message 75 of 188
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7