× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear 810 update

plus-sk
Apprentice

Hi, TeeJay.

You may look into this manual, i hope it will help you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/fix-usb-tethering-lags-freezes-windows-t3039183

Thanks,

plus-sk. 

Message 151 of 188
alpha007
Aspirant

thanks plus-sk

aircard 810s dont work with cable atall

my OS is: windows 10 x64 with latest updates

the above solution dont work too

Message 152 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

Hi, alpha007

This solution is working for me, Win 10 Pro x64.

You have USB-tethering future enabled, right? Which port are you using, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

Thank you. 

Message 153 of 188
lewisreed
Aspirant

Hi all,

imagine my surprise when after the update dated 2017-03-20 i first plugged my 810s to Mac via USB 2.0. It worked out fine.

Windows users might be experiencing issues due to the very nature of a wicked OS fabricated by M$. 

Message 154 of 188
alpha007
Aspirant

hi plus-sk

my OS is win x64 enterprise and my USB-tethering future is enabled too. and i connect it to USB 3.0 port.

thank for your replying

Message 155 of 188
alpha007
Aspirant

there is no difference between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0

dont work at all

Message 156 of 188
alpha007
Aspirant

new update could solve this problems. but...

Message 157 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

Have your tried to connect it to another PC?

Please tell SKU and firmware version of the AC810.

Anyway, i recommend you to contact technical support team, because this is complicated problem and there may be several reasons for such behavior.

Message 158 of 188
boody
Guide

I think we need an new Firmware for our Zain netgear cradle ...that ll solve the problem

Message 159 of 188
zapadak
Star

Any News in this Feed ? Update for the AirCard or the Air Cradle availiable ? Planned ? New Solutions for the USB Problem with the Cradle Connections ?

Thanks for an Update

zapadak

Message 160 of 188
DMQ8
Initiate

Hi,

Today updated my Netgear 810s to Firmware Version:NTG9X40C_11.14.08.19 and now Netgear DC112a cradle (Zain) on Firmware Version: V1.0.0.4_1.0.60 seems to be not compatible to work togeather, any solution?

On the 810s screen when docking it to the cradle, a USB icon appears and it's charging the device, but the icon that used to show on screen with the USB icon when it's identifying the cradle and using it as wifi is no more showing up. The 810s wifi is still remaining to be ON and not transferred to the cradle, wifi of cradle remaining to be ON with no internet from the 810s (Internet led is off on cradle) and lost the ability of accessing the 810s web interface through the cradle wifi. Do the (zain) cradle need new firmware to support 810s new firmware? Or is it 810s new firmware is causing the issue? Can I retain back to 810s previous firmware?

Please let me know if any other information might be useful to solve this issue.

Thanks for support.

Message 161 of 188
lobinqui
Aspirant

Ok, i got 1TLAUS. And an ex-Zain DC112A.

I have a method for converting Zain cradle to a fully working US cradle with latest 1.0.0.30 firmware. No jokes here. Yes, i got my Zain from ebay only to find it's very limited (wan disabled etc).

Now i have WAN failover etcetcetc - fully working US/Intl version.

Ask me privately.

PS. My 1TLAUS just got late2016-dated ota. It doesn't have rndis 6, so cradle works fine with it. AUS is yet to receive feb/march ota. I am not sure if US/intl firmware .30 for the cradle solves rndis or whatever, sorry, no EUS 810 to test with.

Message 162 of 188
AlShamali
Initiate

Any update on the DC112 bug !!!
My devices is useless and I can't do anything without the smart cradle.
Message 163 of 188
kirayamto
Apprentice

I think netgear try to fix issue please let them more time to process
Message 164 of 188
zapadak
Star

Of course the work on that issue...and they will get as much time as the need to do this...but if you need your cradle with the fully working ac810 support (in my case i use this combination for doing my work at two days of the week at home) each day it takes longer is sad...

so hopefully they will get the solution in the very next time...and an update for the zain cradle as well...or an solution to get the last working firmeware back on the ac810...

good luck for the netgear tema to fix this problem !

zapadak

Message 165 of 188
lobinqui
Aspirant

DMQ8 already converted and reported that the cradle is working fine now with his 810s.

Message 166 of 188
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

A new version of AC800-100EUS firmware has been posted to the update site which should resolve the compatiblity issue with all DC112A SKUs.

Steve

Message 167 of 188
lobinqui
Aspirant

Ah, mr 'expert'. Tell us, what is 'AC800'? No such product in NG lineup.

Spoiler

Message 168 of 188
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

typo.

A new version of AC810-100EUS firmware has been posted to the update site which should resolve the compatiblity issue with all DC112A SKUs.

Message 169 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

Steve, thank you for information.

Where i may download offline firmware installer to prevent usage of mobile traffic?

Thank you!

Message 170 of 188
boody
Guide

Hey u can update now throw your device

Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 171 of 188
boody
Guide

Thank God ...its working now after the new firmware 🙂

Message 172 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

Yes, i'm using enterprise data plan with 3 terabytes per month, but from my opinion offline installer much better than FOTA update...

You can easily restore device functionality in case of any problems.

Message 173 of 188
boody
Guide

yaa thats cool if u could please share offline installer link thats would be great ...thx

Message 174 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

Thank you too, i think we need to check downloads page for our devices. 

Message 175 of 188
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7