× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear LB2120 as 4g LTE modem - SIM problems

Jmursyd
Aspirant

Netgear LB2120 as 4g LTE modem - SIM problems

HI, I have a LB2120 with an Optus Sim, the SIM is showing connected to the Optus network however I can not get any internet connection (it did work for a short time but has stopped now). If I move the SIM to a Optus provided AC800S pocket modem it works fine. I have setup the APN as per Optus directions, ive reset the LB2120 modem, reset the SIM and reset to factory default but nothing works - the is the second LB2120 device as I returned the first one with the same issue - any advive appreciated

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear LB2120 as 4g LTE modem - SIM problems

Hi @Jmursyd

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly insert again the SIM Card to Optus AC800S pocket modem and check the APN settings. Please take note of the APN settings and use that to your LB2120. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Jmursyd
Aspirant

Hi Biance,

Unfortunately that does not work, Ive contacted Optus and configured the APN as the suggested but no luck. If I take the SIM out of the AC800S and put it into the LB2120 the modem will connect to the Internet for maybe 1 min and then stop accessing. Only way to get it to reconnect is to take the SIM out, put it back in the AC800S access the Internet, then remove and put into the LB2120. It will then work again for maybe 1min and stop.

john

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jmursyd

Please try using different SIM card and check if it will stay connected. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

I suspected that Optus can detect the SIM card is not used with an approved device, so the connection was cut out on the network side.

Please try with a SIM card from different carrier to see whether the device can work normally, such as Telstra.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Jmursyd
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. I did replace with a Telstra SIM and it worked fine. When I put the Optus SIM back in it started working and has been running fine for about 5 days. I suspect Optus changed something as I did contact them and they said its not a locked SIM!!

None the less it's working now

Thanks all for the support

john

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7