× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear MR1100 constant reboot

josepr
Aspirant

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I tried every solution posted and it's getting random reboot. Netgear, please can you do something with this? I will need to return the item where I buy it.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 26 of 39
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@josepr wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I tried every solution posted and it's getting random reboot. Netgear, please can you do something with this? I will need to return the item where I buy it.

You are replying on an old post. Could you please create a new one and provide more detailed information on your device?

Device SKU:

FW version:

PRI verison:

Carrier you are using:

Thanks

Message 27 of 39
Al00000
Tutor

I wish Netgear would just come clean on what the issue is with this router randomly rebooting.

I've had mine for around 9 months and it's varied between stable, and rebooting constantly (less than a minute).

I've tried all sorts of things to stabilise it.

Currently, I've removed the battery and it's lasted over a day.

The whole take the battery out when on charge is very unclear. I want the battery in. That's the whole point of having one. If I have a powercut, I want it to keep on working. Otherwise, I may as well have bought a cheap 3G router?

It feels like a power/firmware issues, as people have suggested.

This should be a great product but it isn't.

Please, Netgear. Just say what the problem is, and if it can be fixed.

Message 28 of 39
cgigate
Aspirant

Device SKU:6112B

FW version: NTG9X50C_10.29.05.02
PRI verison:01.07
Carrier you are using: at&t and T-Mobile

When it downloads big file , it would reboot.
I run speedtest.net to speed test, it won't finish the test and reboot itself

Message 29 of 39
Al00000
Tutor

I guess Netgear just doesn't care

Message 30 of 39
schumaku
Guru

Message 31 of 39
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for replying late. Since you are using AT&T MR1100, I will request our engineers in US to follow up with your guys.

May need your help o collect some logs for analysis.

Thanks

John

Message 32 of 39
Al00000
Tutor

I'm happy to provide whatever I need to, to get my router stable.

My router is from Amazon, not a service provider.

Message 33 of 39
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Al00000 wrote:

I'm happy to provide whatever I need to, to get my router stable.

My router is from Amazon, not a service provider.

Sent you a private message with the instructions on how to collect logs. Please check.

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

John

Message 34 of 39
cgigate
Aspirant

No matter using at&t or t-mobile or any carriers in US or any carrier in the world when high traffic load (ie., do a speedtest), the device crashes and reboot.
There were couple discussions for the issues labeled as “resolved”, but none of them actually got resolved, for example, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Netgear-M1-reboot-issue-Resolved/m-p...
Message 35 of 39
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@cgigate wrote:
No matter using at&t or t-mobile or any carriers in US or any carrier in the world when high traffic load (ie., do a speedtest), the device crashes and reboot.
There were couple discussions for the issues labeled as “resolved”, but none of them actually got resolved, for example, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Netgear-M1-reboot-issue-Resolved/m-p...

Thank you for the feedback. Please help to capture some logs. Instructions were provided.

Message 36 of 39
Lbarcelo101
Aspirant

Same problem with these resets... This is now my second device, because I figured I got a faulty one... Turns out they are all faulty. If this doesn't fix soon, I'm going with a different brand. Netgear has seem to fall off on their quality hard.
Message 37 of 39
cgigate
Aspirant

Tried to capture log with the software provided to put diagnose mode, but the mr1100 crashed again into bootloop… it appears it is complete useless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxRhErY2M8o

Message 38 of 39
Al00000
Tutor

I have not tried the crash dump software, yet, for several reasons.

Firstly, I don't think this is something that the average user would be able to do. Secondly, I do not immediately have a device that I can connect using USB. Thirdly, this is clearly a known and long-standing issue and I do not understand why there is a need for individual crash dumps.

Personally, I would like to return this device to Netgrear; however, I can't even start this route because I can't sign up with Netgear support.

The reason I can't sign-up with Netgear support is because my warranty expired after 3 months. I'm not sure in which world 3 months warranty is accpetable and, certainly, in the UK this is not the case.

This should be a great device but it is not. There are enough reports of this issue to suggest that I do not have a rogue device.

Also, this has been previously 'fixed' with a Firmware update and I believe that the firmware release was to specifically address this issue.

I can imagine that this issue is very widespread with most people not realising that the router reboots; just accepting the drops as the usual WiFi networking glitches.

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7