× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear MR2100 command line access, telnet port

repharm
Tutor

Netgear MR2100 command line access, telnet port

I have new MR2100 (f/w NTGX24_10.17.01.00 - no newer available) and want to establish connection to CLI in order to make band lock selections available. - Router is out from the package - 192.168.1.1 is the address - USB-C connection established and works towards internet - Charge + tether selected - telnet 192.168.1.1 5510/5511 (and others tested) gives Connection refused. No other port works either. How to access CLI for AT commands in MR2100? Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear MR2100 command line access, telnet port

if you are able to access the Internet via USB-C connection toward MR2100, then Telnet to its IP at port 5510 should work. What you can do is to make sure you can login to MR2100 with browser first, then try with telnet at that specific port.

Message 2 of 5
repharm
Tutor

Thanks! got it working and logging to admin interface was ok. I also changed telnet client (using Mac) to Telnet Lite (Appstore) and works just fine now.

Message 3 of 5
repharm
Tutor

Hi all,

Telnetting to MR2100 M2 works well with like Telnet Lite (Mac OSX) to 5510 through USB with no problem.

Yesterday I was playing with band locks again to see if there's anything to do to increase throughput at my location. Well, at the end, no change to better compared to "LTE All" or "Auto". 

But decided to document here one trivial thing I was struggling with a bit. 

You can find basic principles of AT-commands and using them for M1 at https://mt-tech.fi/netgear-mr1100-1gbit-s-4g-reititin/ - don't worry, it looks to be in Finnish but scrolling it down AT CLI is a common language. And for some of us earliy adopters let us dive back to our '80's and '90s with 2400/2400 etc life.

Other points to those AT commands in MR2100 M2 compared to M1:

1. You need a <space> between the AT and the command, ie. "AT !GSTATUS=?" instead of "AT!GSTATUS=?"

2. When programming I couldn't have more that three (04 the highest) band locks (is there a way to do more?)

3. You need to add ",0" at the end of commands compared to M1, ie "AT !BAND=04,"LTE B28",0,8000000,0" and

4. Sometimes for me at least it didn't pick correctly the text in " .... " lik" "LTE B28" sometimes came out as "LTE B" etc. But trying it couple of times it worked.

With these changes and notes the original article works with MR2100 M2. 

Happy locking.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 4 of 5
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Same command format for M2 can be applied on M1, no needs to keep the difference between these two models.

William

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7