Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Night Hawk C7800 Issues - Not able to connect with Wifi.

Abhishek1208
Follower

Netgear Night Hawk C7800 Issues - Not able to connect with Wifi.

Hi Guys and Community Leaders.

Since last 3 weeks i am facing problem with Netgear Model C7800 while connecting with Wifi and i am not able to connect any of the devices whether its laptop, Ipad, TV Mobile etc. No devices are connecting to Wifi. Though i am able to see both wifi connection - 2.4 and 5 Hrtz. I have called my Service Provider and they told the Netgear is having this problem since begining and whever any firmware updated push to Netgear it create problem. I think my modem recently upgraded on this Firmware which i have mentioned below. 

Firmware Version
V3.01.36

But the problem is I am not able to find the options to revert firmware. I tried many possible solution like reset from back button of modem and router, changed the frequency band from Advance Settings, reset the modem setting but those options not solved my problem. Called many times to Service Provider and they came with their modem and router and it worked well, They clearly told me this modem router is having issue and you will check with Netgear team or community if they can provide the solution. I am now out of warranty so i can't go to netgear and ask for exchange. Its been 1 yrs i am using this Modem Router which i bough with $370. 

Please suggest any solution and i am in big pain and trouble. Only hope is having with you guys. Please suggest and help.

if you need any information i will provide you guys.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Night Hawk C7800 Issues - Not able to connect with Wifi.

Cable ISP handle all FW updates and push them to modems. Some ISPs may not push to user owned modems. Users are not allowed to upgrade or downgrade FW on cable modems at all. This is normal policy for all cable modem ISPs. 

I recommend since this is out of warranty, configure the modem for modem mode only and connect a external wifi router that you can upgrade or downgrade FW. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7