× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 - Telstra - fireware Update

beanonymous89
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk M1 - Telstra - fireware Update

I have a few Nighthawk M1's that are used as a 4G failover at clients sites and I have had a lot of trouble with these units going to sleep when I need them ready at a moments notice.

Now I have found that some of these Nighthawks are able to download the new (2018) update directly over the 4G connection they are on, which contains the fix that prevents the timing out / sleep of the unit but there is no where online, that I can see, to manually download and upload this firmware update for some of these pesky M1 units that cant seem to locate the update.

Can anyone please assist me on this one?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 - Telstra - fireware Update

Hi @beanonymous89,

Please follow option 2 in the following article: https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Let me know if you have any problems.

- ArodiD

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Are these AT&T units?  The firmware comes direct from them over the air.  Log into the Admin interface to via a web browser to check for updates.  Similarly, you can disable the Ethernet timeout via the web interface.  There have been multiple firmwares in 2018 (for AT&T).  The newest (from June) seems pretty good.  My unit (Gen1) is much more stable now.

Message 2 of 5
beanonymous89
Aspirant

No it is via the carrier Telstra in Australia.

Its weird.

Some devices find it right away and others done, so if I can get the offline copy of the firmware would be supper helpful.

I have to update over 30 x M1 devices and this number will only grow.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 3 of 5
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @beanonymous89,

Please follow option 2 in the following article: https://kb.netgear.com/000055962/Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1

Let me know if you have any problems.

- ArodiD

Message 4 of 5
beanonymous89
Aspirant

Hi can I please also get the firmware upgrade file for a non carrier locked device?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7