× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1

DLugar
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk M1

I received a Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile router today. I ordered it through Nomad internet. It comes with an activated ATT SIM card. I’m using this for my home internet and I have between 3 and 5 bars at my house. Despite my connection, my speeds are between 7 and 11 kB/s. I’m assuming that there is an issue with the device because I’ve tried it at other locations and had the same results. A phone with an ATT plan averages around 90Mb/s at the same locations. Is there anything else I can try?
Message 1 of 4
XxJamesAxX
Aspirant

Did you figure anything out? I to just recently got a Sim from nomad and my speeds are about the same. I’m using it in my own device but my AT&T service iPhone gets 30-40mb and my router is getting .01mb. However mine did work fine for about 24hrs and then slowed. I’m wondering if we could both be experiencing the same issue and it’s with nomad? Thanks and good luck!
Message 2 of 4
dah55
Aspirant

I have a similar experience with Nomad. Their SIM card worked well for several days. Then speeds dropped from 30-40 mbs downloads to 0 mbps. Nomad said the card was programmed incorrectly and sent a replacement that arrived today. The replacement is still getting 0 mbs.

I sent an email and got a quick response with a link to setup instructions and saying to reply if it didn't solve the problem.  After confirming that the M1 was set up correctly and connected to AT&T I wrote back to Nomad with screen shots. I have not received any further help.

I have to teach classes in the morning and only have a phone with limitied data to use.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label. 

Kindly provide as well the firmware version and PRI. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7