× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M2 Firmware Download

ianstephens
Tutor

Issue may be IPv6/IPv4 settings - maybe the carriers 6to4 could be the issue if Netgear only deliver over IPv4.

Message 26 of 109
color_8
Aspirant

i have a ipv4 static ip on my a1 sim card. no firewall nothing. the update don't work with this sim card...

Message 27 of 109
Luki_Hofi
Aspirant

maybe the european wide upc connection issues have something to do with that
Message 28 of 109
color_8
Aspirant

@Luki_Hofi no, the problem persists since months. i wrothe this problem some time ago....

Message 29 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for reporting this upgrade issue. We are investigating now and will let you know whether we can do anyting on the devices to help resolving the issue.

Regards

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 30 of 109
KrzysztofKarol
Aspirant

If that helps:

Firmware Check
does not work with digitec (Sunrise)
works with Salt

Firmware Version: NTGX24_10.17.01.00

Message 31 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

@JohnPeng wrote:

@gavrook wrote:
Hi, my device is still on firmware NTGX24_10.13.05.00 with PRI Version 02.10

Seems like you are using a Telstra MR2100. We have submit the new release to Telstra last week for approval. The upgrade will be posted in next couple of weeks if Telstra can finish the test on time.

Thanks

John

@JohnPeng 
Hi John,

I am about to buy an M2 off Telstra Australia, and will need to use Nertgear orbi or a Mesh wifi set up of some sort to extend the wifi range. All the forums are saying that the IP Passthrough is disabled in Telstra supplied M2's in the software. Mention is made of this changing in an upocoming firmware update, Is this true have they switched that function back on again ? It is impossible to contact Telstra technical due to Covid 19 now.

Or I can get an as new M1 secondhand and apparently I.P. Passthrough could be done on this model with telstra but then people reported on forums that they did one update and lost the function after that rendering the unit useless for their purpose. But that it was meant to be re-activated in a later update. The M1 will be fine for my requirements but I'm having a real hard time of finding  out the facts on this.

Do you know about this?

Cheers.

Regards,

Gerard.

Message 32 of 109
gavrook
Guide

Buy a used M1, IP passthrough still doesn't work on the M2 and doubt it will any time soon.
Message 33 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

IP Passthrough does work for M2, depends on what FW you are staying with

Message 34 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

@W1lliam wrote:

IP Passthrough does work for M2, depends on what FW you are staying with

@W1lliam 
Thanks for your reply William,

Is it working on M2's from Telstra australia? Most are saying here it is switched off and they have no access to turn on. Also doesnt the M2 automatically Update FW?  

Message 35 of 109
gavrook
Guide

Not with any firmware available through Telstra which is that he is looking at buying and what I own. None of their firmware had IP passthrough enabled.
Message 36 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

@gavrook 

Thanks for your reply, Do you know if the M1 auto updates FW or is it manual? I've read it that people had issues with the I.P. switching off on the M1 also due to FW updates. Are the  updates the same globally or different for different markets?

Cheers.

Gerard.

Message 37 of 109
wombatus
Initiate

Its again just a bloody disgrace to see how the support handles valid customer complaints and reproducable problems with their products. The same errors got reported about at least nine months ago and finally the "Network Experts" start investigating in May 2020.

Providing the update file as a download would have been a no-brainer but Netgear doesnt give any **bleep** about the day-to-day users - Why don´t you directly recommend to just wait for the Nighthawk M3? Maybe that fixes the most simple stuff you can´t figure out yourself before releasing crap

Message 38 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

FW NTGX24_10.13.05.00 does have IP Passthrough worked on Telstra model, MR2100-1TLAUS

Message 39 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

@wombatus 

Fully agree with you there, People are being sold these products only to find out later they dont do what you'd expect. I'm learning this all as i go, nearly bought an M2 today in telatra, but thought i'd best go and do my homework fully. When I seen it had the LAN port i though great, itll do what I want it to do , but it seems not.. 

Message 40 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

@W1lliam 

When was that update released? Is it just recent? if so the M2 might work 

Message 41 of 109
gavrook
Guide

Can you explain to me how my Telstra M2 which is on that exact firmware doesn't have any options for IP passthrough at all?
Message 42 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

So far, M2 does not have offline upgrade available made by Netgear, only OTA from original carrier, i.e. Telstra for Australian model. my unit was upgraded few months ago for this revision, NTGX24_10.13.05.00. What is still not clear is why all the upgrade for M2 needs to go through OTA instead of offline file upgrade as it is for M1.

Message 43 of 109
gavrook
Guide

Firmware screenshot
Message 44 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

here is my M2 (MR2100-1TLAUS) screen, and its IP Passthorugh does work

Message 45 of 109
gavrook
Guide

Well who knows why my router on the exact same firmware is missing the option but I'm not the only one, and good luck getting any actual support around here from Netgear other than "a new firmware is coming that will fix it"
Message 46 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

If there is a router behind M2, then you will need to renew IP address after M2 booted as it will get what M2 original offered from beginning, i.e. 192.168.1.x, only if you renew it after M2 booted to work.

Message 47 of 109
gavrook
Guide

It's not that, I've had this thing for months and have never seen the option. Has been rebooted daily, factory resettled a few times, it doesn't show.
Message 48 of 109
GerardOz
Guide

Its a total joke on Netgears behalf then if theres people all with the same updates but got different functions. Does anyone know of a good comparable modem or router that'll take a sim and do the I.P. passthrough without all these problems? Ideally with remote access like nighthawk has. i'm looking for something stable too that doesn't need rebooting every day as its for my alarm and security on my house when I'm away for long spells. NBN in my area is a joke so have to be on the 4G.

Message 49 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

I am using unlocked MR2100-1TLAUS, with non-Australian carrier, maybe that is the major different?

Message 50 of 109
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7