× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M5 5G WiFI 6 MR5200 US Availability

Apollon
Apprentice

Netgear Nighthawk M5 5G WiFI 6 MR5200 US Availability

Disclaimer: This question is for Netgear stuff or company's insiders only, who have the actual information I'm seeking. I'm NOT interested in guesses/opinions/speculations or any other type of comments (including opinions about my chosen target audience for this thread) from users, who are not affiliated with Netgear in any way. Please respect this request and thank you for understanding.

Hello @Blanca_O & Netgear staff,

I woud like an honest response to this question please - no BS and no ignorance, like you did with the same question of mine about previous Nighthawk model M2.  Please let your North American customers know if you're going to release the newly announced at CES 2020 Nighthawk M5 MR5200 router/hotspot in North America?  You have screwed over your home, North American customers pretty badly by releasing the previous M2 model everywhere in the world BUT North America, and by refusing to answer any questions about it in my dedicated thread and we're starting to lose faith in the brand. Therefore, your North American customers would immensely appreciate an actual, honest response about the new upcoming MR5200 model. Please do not disappoint us again. 

Message 1 of 18
PapaSnarf
Guide

I honestly cannot wait to try it, im sure on another website they said it was heading towards AT&T. But i tried to find the link and its just to much Chaos because of CES. Also its for sale on May 2020 🙂 

Message 2 of 18
Apollon
Apprentice

If you do find that link - please post. Also going on sale in May where? Going on sale elsewhere outside NA means nothing, since the bands are not compatible. Maybe Netgear will wise up and release trully global version, in similar fasion to global phones, where all bands on that SDX55 are enabled, and for each market certify with corresponding regulatory body (FCC in US, TENAA in China, etc) only the bands, required for that specific region.

Message 3 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

HI, All, 

The Nighthawk M5 mobile router (MR5200) is expected to be available in the second half of 2020. 

https://www.netgear.com/about/press-releases/2020/m5-mobile-router.aspx

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 18
Apollon
Apprentice

@Blanca_O In all honesty, your response is not really helpful, because Netgear released almost identical press release for Nighthawk M2 MR2100 after it was announced at CES 2019. That press release stated it will be released "worldwide" and it lied - the device was never released in US, and you personally had been ignoring my questions about it, even though I asked you directly several times.

I'm asking for an actual, truthful information about release specifically for North American market, not for some non-comittal, BS press release about H2 2020 release, which doesnt give any specifics for US market. Please provide your North American customers with more concrete, and more reliable information than a generic product announcement press release.

Message 5 of 18
jmcsweeney
Aspirant

How can I be involved in Beta testing the MR5200?
Message 6 of 18
Oxygene
Apprentice

Would be nice to be a beta tester but 5G modem Qualcomm SDx55 is already outdated 🙂 x60 is coming soon

Message 7 of 18
fl_ori4n
Aspirant

Sounds good but dosen't work like that. If we wait 3months for the x60 to be out, then 3 other months to be mass produced, and 6months to build the router and 5months to produce it. The time you'll have it will be end of 2021 and the x65 coming soon 😜
Message 8 of 18
Aliq8
Aspirant

Hi, whats the difference this model M5 and M2, I have M1, but my network company is offering me the M2 model for 5G, so I don't know if wait for this new model or if the 5G connection and speed will be the same

thank...

Message 9 of 18
BinaryBuddha
Initiate

I agree with the OP. As a self-proclaimed Netgear Advocate, I'd be severely disappointed with Netgear if the MR5200 was not available to the US at the same time as everybody else.

PS I'd ignore the statement about the chipset update. Things are always changing and getting better. If you only wait for the latest and greatest you'll never get a finished product.

Message 10 of 18
lodewyk16
Tutor

@Blanca_O  quite honestly providing the link to the January press release at CES 2020 is useless.  We...

Netgear is looking bad and the sad fact like has been pointed out US customers have been screwed before.

Give an honest answer or do not answer at all!  When is the release and will it be in the USA too?

Message 11 of 18
lodewyk16
Tutor

@Blanca_O  We are now into the second month of the second half of 2020 and there is still no official release nor any resellers for the Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) WiFi Router.  What is the deal???

Message 12 of 18
icaruspony
Luminary

This is a corporation.  I can tell you that corporations don't allow employees to give out information, even if the employee knows it.  There is a pool of information which is "approved" by the big wigs to be publicly shared (this is what we already see in the press releases).  To be able to give out new information would require forms to circulate up the chain for months and about 10 corporate executives to discuss and vote on before it gets approved for comment.  The corporation I worked for took about 6-12 months before a decision like that could be made.

The fact that you are asking Netgear for "more information" than what is already in the press releases, makes me think that you believe that information is freely available at the discression of these forum moderators.  That's funny to me.  Prepare for canned responses with links to press releases you've already read... oh wait, I see it right there, above this comment.  I'm too late.

PS -  If you are going to ask them for "impossible" information, why not instead ask for something important, like the firmware encryption keys.

Message 13 of 18
lodewyk16
Tutor

@icaruspony  Now why did I not think of that!  LOL I like the last bit - ask for the firmware encryption keys.  That would be something I more likely get an answer too!  🙂 

Apparently Netgear is no longer interested in our loyalty....

Message 14 of 18
Tofu101
Star

Netgear could care less about their customers ... they demonstate that fact I just in every facet of how they interact with their customers.  Trust me... with all the crappy firmware they put out into the market, you don't want the MR5200 until they've fullly baked the release.  Unless, of course you enjoy interfacing with unknowledgeable, unempowered offshore support who barely speak English.

Message 15 of 18
DEN2MM
Initiate

The M5 is available from AT&T now.

https://www.att.com/buy/connected-devices-and-more/nighthawk-5g-mobile-hotspot-pro-black.html

$17.00/mo for 30 months or $509.99 one time.

My unit will be delivered in a few days, I'll do my best to provide a review soon.

Message 16 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Message 17 of 18
HaLLr
Aspirant

Its STILL not available through Netgear! Wow!

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7