× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk Pro - Is the gaming router good?

olidajin
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk Pro - Is the gaming router good?

When I talked about my intentions, my friends shared with me about the device and said: "As one of the best rated gaming routers on the market, the Netgear Nighthawk Pro is the choice for gamers. Its hardware includes gaming-specific features like QoS, which prioritizes gaming devices on the network, gives them the best signal, and allocates any additional bandwidth to eliminate latency. . . The game console displays real-time bandwidth usage, so users can minimize ping times. Besides, gaming VPN allows instant connection to any VPN client, to maintain security and privacy.". Please experts give me advice

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk Pro - Is the gaming router good?

It can help with ping/lag times. 

But its tough to say how much it'll help you based off the limited info you gave us.

For example, theres the XR300,XR450, XR500, XR700, XR1000. 

Each are going to have different wireless specs/performance. 

But I usually try to get an idea of a persons home setup before saying "buy a gaming router".

Yes it can help but you might get better results investing elsewhere first. 

For example, what modem do you have? 

Is your gaming device hardwired or wireless? Getting a gaming device hardwired is going to give you a performance bump. 

What speeds do you pay for upload and download? maybe an ISP speed bump would help more. 

What are you gaming on? 

How often do you game? If you're gaming a couple hours a day, it could be worth it.If its 2 hours once a week, is the investment worth a little lower lag/ping? depends on your budget. 

Again, you need to look at your whole setup to see where the bottlenecks are.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7