× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk firmware update

Marcus1981
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk firmware update

I took a netgear nighthawk m1 firmware update on Thursday Night and now it does not show my data usage like it should: https://prnt.sc/109mh9r so Please fix it! I have restarted the modem took the sim out and back in and it hasnt fixed it!

Message 1 of 25
dcavins
Tutor

I'm having same issue.  Device showing Firmware version NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00 with a build date of 01/08/2021.  I've been unable to find any information concerning this firmware version.

Message 2 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Yeah when I go to the modem page at the bottom it gives me a option to apple or discard and when I hit apply it says retry! so I cant see data usage on the modem or the modem page! I hope they fix this soon or tell us how to fix it!

Message 3 of 25
Thinchy
Initiate

I have the same issue. No data showing after latest update. This is a loss of one of the good features of this router.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 4 of 25
dcavins
Tutor

Curious to know what firmware version you are showing on the device now and what ISP you are using.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 5 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Yeah Im thinking about doing a factory reset, so it will work again! If they dont fix it in a few days!

Message 6 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Firmware: NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00 and Im using At&T

Message 7 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Well I did a factory reset and it didnt remove the latest firmware update!

Message 8 of 25
Thinchy
Initiate

Firmware NTGX24_10.17.10.00

ISP Telstra

No data usage showing. Really annoying. Tried factory reset but no different.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 9 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Yeah, Hopefully someone from netgear sees this and will get a fix for it!

Message 10 of 25

@Marcus1981 wrote:

Well I did a factory reset and it didnt remove the latest firmware update!

That's right. A reset clears the settings. It does not wipe out the firmware.

With routers and other modems there are ways of getting back to oder versions.

Message 11 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

I dont know how to go back to the last firmware update! Im hoping they fix the current one so it reads the sim card data correctly!

Message 12 of 25
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Marcus1981 ,

We have confirmed the issue is on Telstra's end and are working with them to urgently rectify.

Message 13 of 25
dcavins
Tutor

Marcus1981

I think you need to report this issue to AT&T tech support as they push their own firmware updates for these devices.  The firmware version number you have is the same as the one on mine and it is not in the normal format of an AT&T version #.  Not only that the latest version number shown for this device on Netgear is NTG9x50C_12.06.11.00 and the latest AT&T version number I can find is NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14_ATT_04.06 with a build date in Feb. 2020.  You can easily see the difference in format.

Message 14 of 25
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

@ArodiD wrote:

Hi @Marcus1981 ,

We have confirmed the issue is on Telstra's end and are working with them to urgently rectify.

@Thinchy - This reply was meant for you

Message 15 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Ok well this is the latest version mine shows 2100 at the end https://prnt.sc/10d8syl also every settings page I go to it has the apply button at the bottom and when I click it it says retry! I will give it a few more weeks and if they dont fix it I will contact At&t tech support!

Message 16 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Yes, Thanks! If you hear that Telstra has resolved this issue please post here because I have a At&t branded device so if its not fixed than I may have to contact At&t Tech Support!

Message 17 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

ok the apply and discord icons seem to be on google chrome issue when I use my phone or firefox to check the modem page the apply and discard buttons are not there, and also My data is now showing again but its not showing how many days are left before it resets! soo its working half way decent again for me!

Message 18 of 25
smabernethy
Aspirant

Reporting in as well  the new firmware wipes out the data counter....   everytime you turn off the router

Message 19 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Okay!

Message 20 of 25
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

The data usage issue has been resolved for anyone using a Telstra SIM.  For all other ISP's, we recommend you contact them directly and report any issues.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 21 of 25
thechuck
Aspirant

Yes, doing a factory reset does not affect the firmware as the firmware is burned into memory.

Message 22 of 25
thechuck
Aspirant

I just updated my firmware today and am now getting the same annoying no graph.
Where is the fix? 

Message 23 of 25
Marcus1981
Tutor

Still no fix for At&T been this way since the firmware update! So I just check my data on my account with at&t!

Message 24 of 25
thechuck
Aspirant

I found the previous version NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00 and want to restore the old firmware. But the manual firmware button isn't showing, does anyone know how to make the Firmware upload button show?

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7