× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk low temperature operation

Starsurfer55
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk low temperature operation

I upgraded my old 4GLTE nighthawk last year to a 5g nighthawk through AT&T.  This is in my RV and I use it for business purposes during the SUmmer months.  During the WInter months, there is no use except for two Ring Security cameras.  I had no issues with my old Nighthawk over the winter in the past.  However, the 5g router is not charging during cold weather( it is in Michigan and it is not uncommon to see temperature at or just below 0 degrees F.  If I take it to a warm room, it will charge but when I return it to our RV and the cold, it will discharge the battery after a few days and stop working.

So my question is what is the operational temp for a nighthawk and can I just take the battery out so that it runs directly off the plug. 

Thanks for the help.  AT&T has been no help.

StarSurfer55

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

You can try taking the battery out. 

If you look in the user manual, its operating range is from 32 degrees F to 95 degress F. 

Its more about the chemistry of the battery and how it looses effeciency in lower temps to the point of not working. You see a lot of outdoor battery powered cameras run into this same issue. Even companies like Arlo disable charging in cold temps to prevent damage to the battery. 

Message 2 of 3
Starsurfer55
Aspirant

Thanks.  I will try taking the battery out. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7