× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear ac329u support for MAC OS Yosemite

techie16
Aspirant

Netgear ac329u support for MAC OS Yosemite

Has anyone successfully used the Netgear 329U with OS X 10.10 Yosemite?

I manage to install the drivers, but nothing happens after rebooting.

Tech support has been unable to solve the problem. They say no support is there after version 10.7 

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear ac329u support for MAC OS Yosemite

Hello techie16

Does you Mac see the device connected at all? and are you getting any LED indicators on the ac329u?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
techie16
Aspirant

thanks DarrenM..!

All the LED indactors on Netgear initiall at the time of conecting will glow periodically. After a minute or two, only RED light will glow and the status bar would say NO DEVICE.

I dont think my Mac detects the Netgear device, as the network settings under system preferences, doesnt shows up Netgear Modem.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

But when you plug the USB modem in it brings up the installer correct?  and the solid Red light is indicating that the USB modem isn't seeing a sim card in the device so something may be a issue with the sim card or the device.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
techie16
Aspirant

No DarrenM... its a driver problem. the same dongle+ sim setup works fine on my windows 7 laptop. The driver issue has been confirmed by tech support team.. I was looking for any workaround.
Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Techie16 

I have checked with our Aircard support to make sure that there dosnt seem to be any work around for this card to work on OSX 10.10 and from the sounds of it with this product being older that it will not be updated. The only thing I could think of is if OSX has some type of compatible mode like windows does to tell the device to run like it does on a older version.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7