Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear cm400 modem and wndr3800 router with cox

tre0808
Follower

Netgear cm400 modem and wndr3800 router with cox

Hi, I have the cm400 modem and the wndr 3800 router.  We pay cox for speeds of 130.  When I do a speed test we are getting download speeds of 6.28 and upload 4.97.  Cox says it is the modem or router settings.  Can anyone advise?  I disabled the 5g settings to try to help as Cox instructed but it made no difference.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear cm400 modem and wndr3800 router with cox

With a wired LAN PC connected directly to the CM modem, what are you speeds UP and down? Ensure your PC is clear and not running any background programs while testing. 

The wndr router is an older model router, though it supports 1000mb connection rates on the LAN ports, it's possible it's CPU isn't good enough anymore to handle higher ISP speeds. 

@tre0808 wrote:

Hi, I have the cm400 modem and the wndr 3800 router.  We pay cox for speeds of 130.  When I do a speed test we are getting download speeds of 6.28 and upload 4.97.  Cox says it is the modem or router settings.  Can anyone advise?  I disabled the 5g settings to try to help as Cox instructed but it made no difference.  Thank you!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7