× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear lb2120 wireline unavailable

alitech
Guide

Netgear lb2120 wireline unavailable

Hi guys

Just purchased this to get some failover action for my broadband. I have been able to get it to work with 4G and its what I am using right now. I have configured it to bridge mode and also tried the router mode but for whatever reason, it is not picking up my wireline. I have connected the wireline from my Virgin Media router into the WAN port and connected the LAN port directly to my desktop so I can test it with a single device. I have tried to connect it to my main router from the LAN port as well but no joy. I don't think there is anything wrong with the LAN port but really the WAN port is just not working. I have also tried a different cable. 

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? Again, I have tried both bridge and router mode. Am I missing something here?

Please see attached image

Message 1 of 8
alitech
Guide

Anyone?
Message 2 of 8
alitech
Guide

Has anyone got any suggestions on this? I purchased this through amazon and I just received a replacement because of this issue. Same problem with the new one that was just delivered today.

Message 3 of 8
dc5dd
Tutor

The LB2120 is limited in what it can do that being said it does what it is meant to do with some simple settings and option. I believe the merging of cellular and broadband protocols might cause some problems.

Anyway netgear products seems to work with each other better especially the newer products. I had a linksys e3000 and that never worked with the lb2120. Now I use R7300 and that works with the lb2120 in router mode.
Message 4 of 8
Conky
Aspirant

Exactly same prob here. LTE on my network, and online to mobile carrier all fine. But will not find wireline from my Netgear D8500 modem/router.

Message 5 of 8
Techsticles
Aspirant

By default the LB2120 pings 8.8.8.8 by default.  If it can reach it on the WAN port, it knows the connection is live. If not, it fails over to LTE.

You can add other IP addresses and websites to ping before failing over in settings. 

Message 6 of 8
Audrey76
Aspirant

@Techsticles wrote:

By default the LB2120 pings 8.8.8.8 by default. If it can reach it on the WAN port, it knows the connection is live. psiphon If not, it fails over to LTE.

You can add other IP addresses and websites to ping before failing over in settings. 

Facing the same problem, please help me.

Message 7 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Audrey76

I would like to know if you enabled the LTE modem's failover feature? If not, please disable it and apply the settings. Once done, please restart your modem and check if the wireline is still unavailable. To do this, please check this link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/LB2120/LB2120_UM_EN.pdf [page 21] 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7