× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear4GX Advanced iii and Netgear aircard smart cradle DC 112A?

Trebor7
Aspirant

Netgear4GX Advanced iii and Netgear aircard smart cradle DC 112A?

First post. Not my forte!  Both units supplied by Telstra and has worked well. About a month ago, the data usage displayed on the 4GX modem changed to data not available at this time. Noted many stories on the Telstra Ask, but no answers.How do I get that useful info back?

Second part. Netgear cradle connected by ethernet cable to my desktop and Wifi to my laptop and wife's tablet. Bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A recently, but can not get it connect via Wifi. Young fellow discovered that it would connect if the 4GX modem was removed from the cradle, but disappeared when modem returned to cradle.  Any possible answers appreciated - but KISS.

Many thanks. Trebor7 

Message 1 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The data usage issue was due to the recent update on Telstra server side. We are going to release new FW to fix this this month.

For the WiFi connection issue with Samsung Galaxy Tab A, please provide the detailed information on the Galaxy Tab A. We can check what may cause the incompatibility with DC112A.

Thanks

Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 2 of 5
Trebor7
Aspirant

Hi. An email asked if a solution had been found. Yes , thanks to John. The second part about Samsung Galaxy tablet - hopefully all the info John requested was received in my reply. Should it not have bee received, please let me know and I will send  again.

Can I ask if the FW update for the DC112A is automatic, or what do I have to do. Thank you.  

Message 3 of 5
Trebor7
Aspirant

Hi John Peng.

Did you receive my Samsung tablet details? Any progrees as still cannot use.

Went to http:// 192.168.100.1 Advanced Admin, Router Upgrade and downloaded the one shown - seemed to be more about language than Telstra problem, so still not getting usage data. Many thanks.

Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The fix for Netgear4GX Advanced iii data usage issue is being tested in Telstra and hope we can get appoval soon. Expect to release the update online in the next two weeks.

I don't think I received the tech detail on your Samsung tab. Could you please send a private message to me?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7