× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighhawk M1 Unlimited Data

wrhenry
Follower

Nighhawk M1 Unlimited Data

Hello NETGEAR community,

I am intrested in the M1 mobile router. I live in an area where there are few internet options. I currently have a MiFi hotspot through Verizon. While it is unlimited we only get 22 GB of "fast" data and then slows down until the one month rotation is over. I have seen a lot of videos on youtube that say that this device somehow through the way it allows unlimited data without capping or throttling. I've seen people claim that they can use insane ammounts of data like 100 GB and it doesn't slow down or cap. What I want to know is if this is true or a misunderstanding among NETGEAR customers. I also would like to know if this is compatable through Verizon or not.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighhawk M1 Unlimited Data

I assume you are in US. There are two SKUs for the device in North America, one is for AT&T (SKU: MR1100-2A1NAS) and one is for retail (SKU: MR1100-100NAS). You can get the retail version on Amazon. But the retail version will not support Verizon since Verizon will block the device to be used in their network. But you can use the retail version on T-Mobile and AT&T. 

You do need to shop around in order to get better data plan from carriers. This is out of our control. 

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7