× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: NightHawk MR5100 Connection Speed

Esmaeel91
Aspirant

NightHawk MR5100 Connection Speed

Dear All

I'm Using MR5100 for my 5g connection its a really good router that can provide the speed that you expected from it.

but I have 2 Issues with it :-

1- when I connect it through USB 3.2 for tethering i'm only get a connection speed 855 Mb/s and by wifi 6 I got only 866 Mb/s and if I connect it through Ethernet only get 1 Gb per secend.

I have another 5g hotspot from a different company which can give me 2Gb/s through USB 3.2.

so how can I connect my nightHawk though USB 3.2 to let it give me 2Gb/s ?

2- Many times my router throttling its drops from 500 or 600 Mb/s to 10 or 20 Mb/s in speedtest and direct downloads so the only way to fix it is to turn it off for a while and then turn it on I think it something about overheating idk my room temps are 68 F.

Kindly help

Best regards 

Message 1 of 8
Esmaeel91
Aspirant

any help please ?

Message 2 of 8
icaruspony
Luminary

I can't help with this.  But I remember how happy I was to get a 14.4 kbps modem upgrade from 2400 baud.  Now I'm reading a post saying, "I can ONLY get 1 gigabit" and it's making me think about life.

Message 3 of 8
Esmaeel91
Aspirant

the 1 gigabit belong the the connection between router and pc 

its not the speed of the internet 

Message 4 of 8
icaruspony
Luminary

How are you measuring speed between the PC and hotspot via ethernet without involving USB, cellular or WiFi?
Message 5 of 8
Esmaeel91
Aspirant

There is 3 Methods to connect your router to the pc 

1- Via Ethernet Cable which give me 1 Gb/s Connection 

2- Wireless which give me 851 Mb/s on AC and 1.2 Gb/s on AX 

3- USB Cable ( Tethering ) which give me 851 Mb/s  

not i'm not talking about internet speed 

i'm talking about the connection speed between the router and pc as we now the connection between them on Ethernet Cable and Wifi 1 Gb and 1.2 Gb 

my question : why usb cable ( Tethering ) dont give 2.5 Gb/s like other hotspots from huawei is there a problem on my router or it just cant reach more than 851 Mbs 

best regards 

Message 6 of 8
icaruspony
Luminary

Are you testing using the exact same USB cable that you had plugged into the Huawei? And the exact same port on the PC?

Not all USB C cables are USB3. Some USB C cables are USB2.

The USB cable on the A side should have 9 pins instead of the usual 4 pins. Even if it is blue, it may not have 9 pins inside.
Message 7 of 8
Esmaeel91
Aspirant

Yea I tried the same usb cable and the same port that I used for Huawei and still cant get more than 851 Mb/s

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7