× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk LTE Router Ethernet Port

CornCobBob92
Follower

Nighthawk LTE Router Ethernet Port

I see that the Nighthawk LTE router has an ethernet port on it. Is it possible to attach an access point, in this case, a Ubiquiti LR access point with an inline POE injector and push your own wireless config from the Nighthawk to the Access Point?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk LTE Router Ethernet Port

You can certainly disable wifi on the MR1100 and connect your own Ethernet switch and one or more AP's (from any vendor, I use TP-Link) to the MR1100 in order to share your cellular connection across more devices with much better range.

But your statement:   "push your own wireless config from the Nighthawk to the Access Point?"  is not possible.  I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here.  You're AP's will be configured separately using their admin page or tool.  The Wifi on the MR1100 should be disabled.  You can use the DHCP server built into the MR1100.  It supports leasing IP's to either 20 or 50 concurrent clients (I forget which).  Of course a cellular connection (with a good connnection) will typically only support a small handful of devices (3 to 5 at most) simulataneously trying to use the internet.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7