× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 - Can ethernet jack run to ethernet router?

dawolfman
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 - Can ethernet jack run to ethernet router?

Simple question: I have devices that are not wifi. Can I run an ethernet cable from the Nighthawk M1 to an ethernet router, or do I have to use a wifi extender w/ ethernet connection (I have) to cable the signal  to a router?

I searched through the docs, reviews and then the message bases here before posting and was surprised not to find this answered. Tnx.

dawolfman

P.S. Where do I find the best price on this thing?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
icaruspony
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk M1 - Can ethernet jack run to ethernet router?

If you want to use the routing functions/wifi inside the MR1100, then it is best to connect and ethernet switch to the MR1100 instead of a second router.

If you want a second router instead, then you will disable wifi, dhcp, and ethernet standby in the MR1100 and also set the MR1100 to IP Passthrough and connect the router's WAN port to the ethernet port on the MR1100.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
icaruspony
Luminary

If you want to use the routing functions/wifi inside the MR1100, then it is best to connect and ethernet switch to the MR1100 instead of a second router.

If you want a second router instead, then you will disable wifi, dhcp, and ethernet standby in the MR1100 and also set the MR1100 to IP Passthrough and connect the router's WAN port to the ethernet port on the MR1100.

Message 2 of 3
dawolfman
Aspirant

And so I would just use the M1 as a receiver and provider to a wifi/ethernet router for my LAN? That would work fine I think.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7